Consumer Onboarding - Front End Software Engineer/Developer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
A great opportunity has arisen within the Consumer Onboarding Value Stream as a Front End Engineer. You will work in a highly collaborative way to drive efforts to create, build, support and improve our frontend client software working closely with the product and engineering teams with lots of exciting new challenges.You will be a core contributor to ensure good quality and engineering practices are followed in accordance will engineering transformation strategy reporting to Lab Engineering Lead.
Together we'll make it possible…
Want to know more?
- You'll have a "can-do" attitude, capability of bootstrapping projects, and ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle.
- You'll Experience on Front-End test automation and familiarity with server-side REST APIs
- You'll build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- You'll Find and address performance issues.
- You'll participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify general improvements and implement front-end standard methodologies.
- You'll collaborate with the product/design team to iterate the design function and implement the products
- You'll Collaborate with Backend and DevOps Engineers to build features and experiments
What we are looking for
- A 'teammate' who can build relationship and work productively with others across a variety of domains, disciplines and locations
- Someone who is passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want
And as for your skills?
We'll need you to have four (or more) of these technologies:
- Experience on Front-End test automation
- Rest/JSON - 2 years' experience
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies - 4 years' experience
- Cross Browser - 2 years' experience
- Design & UX - 2 years' experience
GIT, test automation & CI - 2 years' experience
- Containers - 1 years' experience
So what can we offer you in return?
You're going to be stretched and get the opportunity to use your creativity and curiosity to bring about some amazing software solutions at scale to this huge organisation.
You're also going to get some horizon-expanding exposure to a host of wider technologies, new commercially valuable skills and learn from other engineering minds.
You'll enjoy an energising and intellectually challenging environment where you'll see our real passion for innovation and a software engineering led approach to Banking.
We also want to ensure our colleagues get genuine career opportunities as well as represent the communities we serve...believing strongly in diversity and equal opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- A 15% performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A 4% Flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time in our future appeals and you have the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.