Events Manager (Maternity Cover), Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Justerini & Brooks is a London, Edinburgh and Hong Kong Wine Merchant, founded in 1749 and one of the world’s most recognised names in fine wine with a Royal Warrant and a high reputation for its quality of wines and service.
Creation of a budget and sticking to it. Being budget aware and looking after monthly budgeting with the accounts department. Market Complexity
The international fine wine market is a competitive and demanding business. The focus is to continually develop our sales service in line with changing markets and client needs. The aim is to beat the competition and raise awareness of our strengths through events.
- A commercial person who will drive outstanding results through energy and commitment. Possesses an adaptable and positive approach to new challenges and changes. Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
- Creates great relationships that are honest, open and respect the individual capabilities of others.
- Consistently delivers great performance as an individual and through the team.
- Grow yourself through self awareness.
Purpose of Role
The focus is to create smooth running events which broadcast the excellent service and opportunities given to you if you form a relationship with the luxury wine merchant Justerini & Books. Events should help sales, promote a wine, vintage or grower and give the marketing team news to publicise. Events must have purpose, always be high end, use the best venues around the world, never being crowded nor rushed.
- Keeping the company informed with what events are going on
- Organising and running En Primier Tastings – booking the venue, getting the invitation organised, dressing the venue, booking the vans, preparing the wines and guaranteeing a smooth running event, satisfied customers and happy growers.
- Organising the dinner for growers following the tasting
- Working with the trade team, using their accounts for events, helping with relationship building wherever possible
- Organising growers visits with the trade, buying and sales teams, ensuring such trips are memorable and tailored to the individual growers wishes and needs
- Managing the dining room, managing the diary and event details with the chef making sure all lunches and dinners run perfectly.
- Responding quickly to events and interesting opportunities which arise. Being flexible and calm on all occasions.
- Working with the team in Edinburgh to organise misc. events and their annual tasting or lunch.
- Setting up ticketed dinners – interesting dinner’s usually with growers. Choosing appropriate venues, managing guest lists ensuring happy customers and growers.
- Helping promote/market the business wherever possible or highlight a particular product
- Analysis of the success of an event.
The successful candidate will be required to work late for some events
With the marketing assistant the successful candidate will:
- Design invitations and event mailers
- Oversee customer lists for invitations
- Communication pre and post events with attendees
* Always act with utmost integrity and operate within the appropriate compliance and control environment as set by the business.
Living the Values
J&B is a lifestyle. Its employees need to demonstrate a genuine passion and personal commitment to the wines, and look for opportunities to promote them positively at all times.
Gain and maintain the trust and respect of both clients and colleagues across a range of situations, and display integrity at all times.
Act as a role model, and encourage appropriate behaviour by giving feedback and recognising success within the team.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Proven communication skills.
- Extensive use of PC applications: advanced Excel; intermediate Word; MS Outlook