Payroll Supervisor, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career. We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
The Payroll Supervisor leads payroll operations to ensure all outsourced client payrolls are processed accurately and on time. In addition, you’ll ensure that all client work is carried out accurately, profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. You’ll be checking all payroll work before it is sent to clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a positive attitude to develop the role, working with key clients to improve service delivery and operations.
- You’ll prepare complex payrolls ranging from 1 to 300 employees from start to finish to a high level of accuracy and meet strict client deadlines
- You’ll conduct payroll reviews, ensuring a high level of client service
- You’ll ensure accurate and timely delivery of payroll output and keep up to date with payroll technical knowledge
- You’ll be responsible for setting up new payroll clients
- You’ll act as an escalation point for technical or operational issues
- You’ll assist with payroll proposals, billing and debt recovery
Who we're looking for:
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- You'll be technically strong and have payroll experience, ideally within a bureau
- You’ll Have an understanding of Year End Process and deadlines
- You’ll be a proactive and engaging payroll professional with the ability to work with clients to develop business opportunities
- You'll have experience of working with the IRIS system, ideally within a bureau environment
- You'll have a good working understanding of payroll functions