Digital Assistant Optimisation Manager - Credit Cards, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to be the best digital bank for consumers and businesses in the UK. We're the UK's leading digital bank, with over 11 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank. Our vision in Digital Banking is to be the pioneer in digital relationship banking and recognised as the best in Europe in the way digital technologies are used to safely and simply service our customers across channels.
Digital is the new reality in Banking and a key part of our Group's aim of Helping Britain Prosper. It has already become a primary channel for servicing transactions and is increasingly important for meeting our customer needs - giving them the ability to bank how, where and when they want to.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
About the role:
In this role you'll support a crucial activity as part of an internal quantitative optimisation team. This team optimises the live journeys across our public and secure sites to improve the customer experience, delivering better outcomes for customers and the business alike. We also deliver all the marketing banners across the online estate. Our team is in high demand across the business, working on numerous projects with our internal stakeholders at any one time.
What would you get involved with?
As an Assistant Digital Optimisation Manager you'll have skills to design and build A/B and multivariate tests to help improve the experiences of our customers on our live sites across all of our major brands. We're seeking your proven experience in the field of front-end development around digital user interfaces including content management systems, ideally backed up with a meaningful degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Creative Technology. You have a can-do attitude and dedicate time in keeping up to date with the latest front-end development technologies and consider yourself a Digital native.
About your experience
…and the skills and background you'll possess
- To build, develop, QA and deploy self-service multivariate and A/B tests.
- Determining whether tests can be built in-house or if they need specialist assistance.
- Where required, assisting the team with mock-ups, wireframes and working prototypes
- To build and deliver content / marketing banners.
- Keeping up to speed on key front-end development trends and functionality.
- You'll work with the team to pilot suitable new concepts/functionality via our testing platform.
- Identifying areas for improvement within existing customer journeys and working closely with the team to design and develop tests around these ideas.
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
- A base salary plus performance bonus and a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits
- A generous pension contribution and private health cover
- 30 days leave and various Share schemes
Sound like you? Are you interested in joining us?
Apply today; we'd love to hear from you...