Senior Technology Risk Specialist - Enterprise, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations and challenge and advise assigned areas of the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled. May lead a team of risk professionals and deputise for senior colleagues at G.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
In COO Business Risk we help to deliver the Group's vision by executing day to day risk, control and monitoring related activities, focusing on Operational, Compliance and Conduct Risk. We are a first line of defence control function, responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective control framework, ensuring each business area is measuring, monitoring and controlling risks within their areas of accountability.
A key part of how we keep the Group safe is by embedding a strong risk and control culture across the business. The world is constantly changing and we have to continue to adapt and respond to new risks and heightened regulatory interest in areas such as IT Resilience, Cyber Security, Codes of Conduct etc.
You could help make it possible...
You'll analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop policy recommendations and challenge and advise assigned areas of the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled. May lead a team of risk professionals and deputise for senior colleagues at G.
What would you be getting involved with?
- Builds trusted and transparent relationships across COO Business Risk, providing education and facilitating the identification and proactive management of risks and controls.
- Prepares and interprets, with insight and information from multiple sources, recommendations for action, which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance and advice to influence decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas.
- Challenges and provides input into new agile approaches being explored by LBG and performs risk review, ensuring they remain within Group's risk appetite.
- Proactively lead, develop and maintain intra-group relationships across the Three Lines of Defence, e.g. Group Risk, Group Audit, to optimise results in areas of common interest.
- Undertake independent IT risk assessment activities to provide reliable, evaluation of risk management effectiveness and agree management actions with senior IT / business stakeholders to address issues identified.
- Recognised by peers as a highly capable subject matter expert with the gravitas to act as a representative for the area.
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas
- You're a highly motivated self-starter
- You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Strong practical experience of delivery in a relevant technology / technology risk function covering a variety of key skill areas, including some or all of the following:
- Enterprise programmes, enterprise enablers, central functions and payments systems and services, cloud technologies, agile and waterfall methodologies and approaches (incl. associated change management), 3rd party supplier governance, IT resilience, incident management, Digitisation and moving platforms onto cloud.
- Can demonstrates a good understanding of controls for critical systems and core applications / components and leads on discussion with key business stakeholders on IT control testing outcomes and action plan requirements and ensures risk remediation is timely, comprehensive and achieves action plan objectives.
- Experience of various agile delivery methodologies and the associated risks, with the ability to challenge and input into them.
- Experience of IT risk management and understands the external environment and threat landscape.
We believe in supporting colleagues to achieve their potential - delivering the best outcomes for customers and society. And our scale enables us to offer genuine opportunities to have a fulfilling career, whatever your ambitions.
Making you feel valued is important to us so we offer a highly competitive reward package - based on acting responsibly, and demonstrating our values and ethics. In addition to the salary you can expect the following as part of your total reward package:
- On target discretionary performance-related bonus
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Car or cash allowance
- Life assurance
- Private medical care
- Share schemes
- Contributory pension contributions
Do you want to be part of an inclusive, values-based culture, passionate about making a difference? If you aspire to work in an innovative, digitally-led environment that moves at pace, join us for our journey and we'll help you fulfil yours.
We need talented people like you if we are to continue to innovate, collaborate and adapt to meet the on-going needs of our customers. Come and be a part of a Group that wants to be known for putting the customer first; a company that keeps it simple; a place where we make a difference together. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.