Assistant Tax Advisor - Private Client Services - Full or Part time hours
The Private Client Services team at EY acts for a wide range of entrepreneurs, family offices, private equity and hedge fund principals, large landed estates, high profile professional partnerships and senior executives of large listed and private businesses. The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, advice on residence and domicile issues, transaction and reorganisation advice, optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is a mix of UK and non-UK domiciled individuals whilst our international network results in our team undertaking a high proportion of cross border tax services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Private Client Service’s team based in Bristol. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with our excellent existing clients and intermediaries, providing a great opportunity to build a successful career in personal taxation.
Your key responsibilities
• Preparation of personal tax returns and tax computations for our complex clients
• Collation of tax return information and assistance with wider administration duties for the clients, including assisting with the client acceptance and billing arrangements
• Correspondence with clients and tax authorities, as a first point of contact on clients with more straightforward tax affairs and supporting more senior members of the team on more complex clients
• Provision of "technical" support to more senior members of staff on compliance and advisory projects, which will include research of technical issues, analysis of tax law and preparation of advice, with the long-term aim of developing into a "tax professional"
The individual will work as part of a team dedicated to delivering a high quality, bespoke tax return and tax advisory service to our clients. The role of the Assistant Tax Advisor is critical to ensuring that a high quality, consistent and bespoke service is provided to our clients.
Our commitment to the successful candidate will be to provide support to them to obtain professional qualifications as a Chartered Tax Advisor.
Skills and attributes for success
The ideal candidate will be a school leaver or educated to degree level. Strong results in A-level and GCSE (or equivalent) are required of all candidates.
• Quick learner; able and willing to carry out a range of client and technical work
• Commercially aware with a general interest in business and finance
• A degree of flexibility to meet client and department needs and deadlines
• Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
• Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
• Good numerical skills and computer literate
• Calm & methodical with the ability to adhere to and manage deadlines
• Excellent communication skills - written, questioning and listening
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong tax technical skills
• Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and time
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to develop you tax career.