Software Engineers - Returners Programme, Open to flexible working
Are you looking to reignite your career?
If you’ve taken a career break for at least two years then you’re eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group.
We’re in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of being the best bank for customers whilst also building the bank of the future.
If successful we'd put you through a 16 week programme designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess. After the programme we’d then look to the possibility of your securing a permanent role with us.
We're re-imagining a large number of customer journeys and re-engineering the platforms, data, people and processes that underpin them.
We've also embraced Agile Scrum and DevOps practices - rapidly developing/testing/releasing products and services that we believe will make a real difference to our customers and our business.
So we’ve created “LBG Labs” - multi-functional, co-located teams with the freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business.
Want to know more?
Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving where engineers are free to experiment and innovative products or services which might transform the way our customers engage with us.
With programmes across the full range of our different product areas we'll find you a supportive environment within an appropriate Lab to dust off your engineering skills.
About the role:
As one of our Software Engineers you'll play a key role in shaping how we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
You'll enable us to:
- Launch new financial products
- Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products/services
- Secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
- Build responsive web pages using frameworks/tools such as Bootstrap, Flow and React
As a key part of these teams you'll demonstrate exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a truly collaborative way.
You'll nurture new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, and equal opportunity.
Here's where you'd make a difference:
- You'll write modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- You'll contribute to setting the strategic direction for how applications are developed within the team.
- You'll make sure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community.
- You'll understand and apply industry innovation and share your knowledge to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist
- And you'll ensure the implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- Soon enough you'll be mentoring and developing colleagues, providing constructive feedback and crafting opportunities for learning and growth.
- You'll also ensure applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices.
What we'd like to see in you:
- You'll ideally possess an understanding of an entire application stack or engineering experience in a substantial banking platform or similar.
- If you have had exposure to web technologies, RESTful APIs and web services then this might also be particularly beneficial for some Labs.
- You'll have a good understanding of Git, source code management and managing change.
- You might know about agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium) but don't worry if not we can teach this.
- Finally you'll know how to design low-latency, high-availability and performing applications.
If you're nodding to some of the above the why not come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on building a bank of the future?
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
You'll get thought-provoking challenges that could make a difference to real lives and work with some remarkable, committed people caring about and innovating for customers.
We'll encourage you to learn, further develop skills and grow in confidence and ability.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our dedication to providing genuine equal opportunity and we'd also happily consider working patterns outside the standard 9-5.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So come and see if we have a Software Engineering Lab to suit your background and apply today...we'd love to hear from you..