Lab Product Owner - Returners Programme, Open to flexible working
Are you looking to reignite your career?
If you’ve taken a career break for at least two years then you’re eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group.
We’re in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of being the best bank for customers whilst also building the bank of the future.
If successful we'd put you through a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess. After the programme we’d then look to the possibility of your securing a permanent role with us.
We're re-imagining a large number of customer journeys such as "help me to buy a home" with similar programmes of work across four main areas in Retail & Community Banking, Insurance & Wealth, Commercial and Enterprise.
We've also embraced Agile Scrum and DevOps practices - rapidly developing/testing/releasing products and services that we believe will benefit customers and our business.
Our Lab Product Owners have a varied role...one which might appeal to you:
- You'll be responsible for the end to end (E2E) delivery of a product with the main goal to realise value for both internal and external customers.
- You'd create empowered Teams that are motivated - taking on business problems and delivering customer value.
- You'll need to be able to nurture people to bring to out the best in themselves and be brave.
- You'll stimulate innovation by driving new initiatives for your Lab, encouraging Teams to experiment with prototypes and minimal viable products (MVPs) that create awesome experiences.
- And you'll ensure we're focusing on "making better things" and "making things better".
What would you be delivering?
- Crafting the vision for the Lab aligned to the strategic agenda and drive its realisation with the optimal number of resources.
- Using the Lab vision to help supporting Team Product Owners (Team POs) define and adjust their priorities.
- Acting as the face/voice of the Lab into a wide customer group to engage around priorities and delivery against Objectives and Key Results (OKR).
- Drive the delivery of the E2E Customer journey, ensuring that solutions address customer needs without creating new demand.
- Making full use of customer research to ensure the feedback is incorporated and used to create maximum customer value.
- Ensuring that the non-functional elements of products are considered (e.g. performance, scalability, usability, ease to maintain/configure/integrate etc.).
- Continually reviewing the composition and capabilities of the Team together to drive improvements.
Do you have the background we're seeking?
- You'll demonstrate skills in working across technical and multi-functional teams to handle the Lab outputs
- We'd look for previous work on large agile transformations to deliver impact and drive value in an area of Product or Business Area speciality.
- You'd possess core strengths in Agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence, ideally with experience of leading agile teams.
- We're also looking for experience around financial planning, resource management and cost control - delivering services/products within budget.
So what about you?
You're a natural at fostering a test and learn culture crafted around curiosity in which people are comfortable experimenting and failing / learning quickly and safely in a supportive environment.
As a leader you'll build trust and empower your teams, inspiring them with your real passion for creating customer value through collaboration and challenging the status quo to deliver great things.
You'll influence without being authoritative and build the meaningful relationships required to face into multiple challenging priorities.
And you're comfortable using evidence/data to explain why some decisions are right and why other requirements don't bring customer value.
You'll set the vision and tone of your Lab but together we'll make it possible…
What we'd give you in return
Challenges that make a difference to real lives and remarkable, committed people caring about and innovating for customers.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our dedication to providing genuine equal opportunity and we'd also happily consider working patterns outside the standard 9-5.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So come and see if we have a Product area to suit your background and apply today...we'd love to hear from you.