Senior Designer - Human Centred Design - Returners Programme, Open to flexible working
Are you looking to reignite your career?
If you’ve taken a career break for at least two years then you’d be eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group.
We’re in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of being the best bank for customers whilst also building the bank of the future.
If successful we'd put you through a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess. After the programme we’d then look to the possibility of you securing a permanent role with us.
Do you have a Design discipline background?
Human Centred Design (HCD) are a multi-disciplinary design group embedded across our Group Transformation function.
We use the power of Design to help unlock prosperous outcomes for our customers as well as the business. Our mission to ‘Design for Prosperity’ supports the Group’s goal of Helping Britain Prosper.
This means leaving every day a little bit better than it started. Valuing Compassion, Clarity, Connection, Courage and Craft in our work - collaborating with colleagues to balance human factors into both the business and technology aspects of our transformation.
Working end-to-end on the design of services that are both digital and physical we use our skills spanning these domains.
Want to know more?
You'd become part of a skilled Design Team drawn from the Design Crafts below that enable our Transformation teams to deliver beautiful, engaging and thoughtful journeys for customers:
- Design Research & Ethnography
- Service Design
- Systems Thinking
- Interaction Design (UX/UI)
- Visual Design
- Conversation Design (Editorial, Content Strategy, Copy)
- Design Prototyping & Creative Technology
With a Design Lead managing you and the sponsorship of a Design Director you'll become a member of a collaborative group of varying skills and experience levels with considerable empowerment to make design great.
We'd focus you on supporting one of the 4 Transformation areas where you'll enjoy a huge variety of work centred on the employee or customer journeys that we're transforming. You'd contribute to your team's efforts to ensure the designs for all customer journeys and connections are human centred and Design Visions realised.
So what about you?
- You'll possess a background in one or more of the HCD crafts listed above - whether a deep specialist in one aspect of HCD or equally someone who previously enjoyed a broader, more generalist skill-set across a few areas.
- You'll need a passion for bringing real human needs into our decision-making processes and possess a desire to use design to uncover and solve real problems.
- With your craft specialism you'll have a keen sense of integrity and the confidence to be adaptable in your approach especially when collaborating
- You'll love communicating your craft to others - fostering their skills and understanding while building and nurturing relationships that make a real difference.
- Ideally we'd also see experience of working within multi-disciplinary design teams as well as using your design skills in collaboration with colleagues in both technology and business areas.
Together we'll make it possible…
What we'd give you in return
You'd join a wider community of Human Centred Designers - a diverse, collaborative, motivated group of people who care deeply about the craft of Design.
Enjoying regular weekly connections and Quarterly Design Review gatherings with TED-style talks, events, training, networking and fun you'll be integral member of our HCD family.
You'll also get the opportunity to join a Guild for your particular Design Craft where mentoring and skills development are encouraged.
We're a passionate, supportive team at the forefront of a transformation effort for one of the largest services in the UK.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our commitment to providing genuine equal opportunity.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So don't let this chance to re-engage with Design pass you by... we might just be what you're looking for...