Senior Innovation Manager - Returners Programme, Open to flexible working
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital franchise, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank. Group Transformation is one of the Divisions which will lead the path to implement our three-year strategy and to react faster to market developments through new ways of working.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Innovation & Strategy team. The team plays a pivotal role in building the future competitive advantage for LBG to transform Lloyds Banking Group's capability to be the best bank for customers; to drive new, and protect existing revenue streams and to drive a lower cost operating model. The Innovation & Strategy team focuses on developing the Transformation strategy for the Group, strengthening alignment of Transformation strategy with businesses' strategic priorities, incubating development of new capabilities for the bank and helping key stakeholders to execute our strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the delivery of strategic goals within a fast-paced and high profile team. The role is broad, multi-faceted and requires the ability to balance competing priorities and deliver work to a high standard in a pressurised environment. The role holder will have a proven track record of delivery in a transformation role and will exemplify Group Transformation behaviours and ways of working.
Leads a team of specialists to deliver test and learn capability across the Group. Spots opportunities in the digital landscape and designs, develops and advocates new products, services and strategies to leverage these.
The role holder operates decisively within a complex environment to deliver high quality outputs and challenge the status quo. Fosters a culture of innovation and collaboration, role modelling a customer-centric approach at all times.
Key Accountabilities & Capabilities
- Strategic Alignment - Creates business cases for ideas generated and proposes idea prioritisation based on strategic alignment, customer needs and commercial viability. Actively monitors trends and opportunities in the external environment. Thinks strategically about changes in products, services and the external market, to highlight potential opportunities.
- Research & Idea Generation - Adopts an unconstrained and creative approach to problem solving. Develops new ideas and strategies based on emerging technology and customer trends and can articulate these through tangible outputs. Knowledge and understanding of available research techniques and ability to effectively determine and articulate which methods to apply. Uses appropriate research methods depending on the nature, phase, objectives and constraints of a project. Understands the importance of early and continuous research and can effectively communicate this. Inspires and guides team to work collaboratively to generate ideas.
- Concept Development - Designs concepts across the development lifecycle and influences the creative direction. Builds innovative and disruptive new products, utilising the most appropriate technologies and advises on technical feasibility and constraints. Leads a team to turn ideas generated into robust concepts that solve customer and business problems.
- Experimentation via Test & Learn - Leads the agile development and iteration of Proof of Concepts (PoCs) via a test and learn methodology. Presents finding and recommendations to senior stakeholders and reshapes activity based on feedback. Acts as an escalation point to approve Go / No Go decisions. Embeds test and learn methodology and mind-set across the team.
- External Engagement & Stakeholder Management - Builds and maintains networks with a diverse group of stakeholders to lead and influence the delivery of projects. Educates senior stakeholders across the Group in innovative approaches and ways of thinking. Collaborates with the FinTech and wider digital transformation community to source new ideas, insights and concepts. Understands the threats and opportunities specific to digital businesses and how the technologies that underpin these businesses work.
- Agile Approach - recognised as an expert in agile and makes recommendations on how and when it should be implemented. Develops innovative approaches to agile delivery and suggests areas that could benefit from an agile approach.
- Analytical Skills - Recognised internally as an expert in various forms of analysis e.g. financial modelling, statistical or in-house tools. Able to view quantitative analysis holistically and interprets and uses multiple data sources to evaluate outputs and performance. Able to interpret and distil data to influence key decisions and stakeholders. Analyses and benchmarks internal data and performance with industry best practice.
- People & Self Development - Leads, motivates and develops team members to create high performing teams. Contributes to the development of the wider Innovation & Strategy community, through coaching and sharing best practice and insights. Identifies opportunities for colleagues in line with future skill and resourcing requirements.