Investment Management - Returners Programme, Open to flexible working
We are seeking a talented person to join the Group Roadmap & Business Design team, working across Group Transformation to embed the Group's strategic priorities into Value Streams, Enterprise Enablers and Major Core Programmes as they start their journey delivering against the third Group Strategic Review (GSR3). The team act as internal consultants, working with product owners, architects and designers to shape initiatives and portfolios at critical points. They challenge existing thinking to make sure that the Group moves towards its strategic aims and is equipped to respond to demanding external environments now and in the future.
The Strategic Shaping Senior Manager will drive strategic shaping activities, leveraging their network and analytical capability to solve business and architectural problems. The role will involve shaping complex portfolios during their infancy, designing solutions that join up across the entire portfolio aligned to the Group's Strategy and ensuring these are delivered within fit for purpose execution models. Actively identifying how developing technology could change the way we interact with customers and colleagues and influence future business models and architecture is also key. You will demonstrate a willingness to learn and quickly understand new information and critically evaluate a broad range of issues, moving rapidly from one topic to another. You will define what the Group's Strategy means in practice and develop frameworks to allow Value Streams, Enterprise Enablers and Major Core Programmes to deliver against and balance strategic business and architectural objectives. You will develop and support colleagues and drive a positive and collaborative team culture. Credibility is vital, enabling you to communicate with and influence stakeholders up to executive level. You will also need to be comfortable working in an often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, balancing a diverse set of priorities.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills partnered with an ability to understand the big picture, as well as customer focus, diplomacy and strong stakeholder management capability. You will be fascinated by the changing ways in which technology is being used externally, the challenges facing the banking industry and ways to transform the way we work and deliver change and be excited by the opportunity to use this knowledge to effectively shape the Group's portfolio. You will think about problems in an innovative way, underpinned by a strategic understanding of change delivery, financial services and technology trends.
You will ideally have a proven track record working for a top tier consulting firm or equivalent or have held strategic or design roles in large scale transformation programmes. A strong knowledge of banking products, operations, process design and agile methodologies is also desirable.
- Bank of the Future alignment:
- Develop the Bank of the Future (BOTF) capability model to power transformation across the organisation
- Work with Value Streams, Enablers and programmes to align their activity to the target strategy and architecture
- Sprints and Shaping:
- Run sprints, working with colleagues from Group Roadmap and Business Design and broader stakeholders to provide shaping services for complex initiatives impacting more than one Value Stream, ensuring major Value Stream initiatives and programmes are set up for success from the outset
- Challenge stakeholders to drive for innovative, best in class solutions
- Deliver and present outcomes of shaping work to the Group Design Authority or other governance groups where required
- Portfolio and Roadmap definition and alignment:
- Strategically sequence delivery across the Group portfolio, protecting and maximising Group investment and encouraging re-use of strategic capabilities
- Develop key elements of the enterprise-wide portfolio, translating target architectures and designs into initiatives, roadmaps and transition states
- Support the mobilisation of key elements of the portfolio, ensuring that initiatives are mobilised with the correct scope and design with clearly defined costs and Objectives & Key Results
- Alignment activity:
- Protect Value Stream strategy by building relationships with senior stakeholders to coordinate across Business Design, IT Architecture and Human Centred Design (HCD)
- Build and maintain external and internal networks to identify best practice and promote the Group Roadmap & Business Design team
- Conduct analysis, working collaboratively with the Group Design & Data team to solve specific design and strategic issues
- People development:
- Inspire and coach colleagues to allow them to deliver high-quality shaping work and drive a positive team culture
- Build skills and knowledge in the growing Group Roadmap & Business Design team.
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, Agile working environment and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Together we make it possible.