ITS Business Applications – Head of HR Information Systems, Open to returners & flexible working
Are you an energetic and enthusiastic person who is looking for an exciting job in IT? Do you want to influence your professional experience and ideas in a small team of in-house experts to deliver and manage a move to latest HR Information Systems? Is it important for you to be a part of an innovative and rewarding organisation that really looks after their employees?
ITS Business Applications build and support a variety of applications for Deloitte.
The HR & Talent team are responsible for On-boarding, Core HR, Payroll, Benefits, Performance Management, Compensation review and Resource Scheduling solutions comprised of a mixture of SAP ECC6, SaaS and bespoke applications. We will be soon starting a major upgrade of our HR Information Systems.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
We are seeking an experienced HCM consultant to take our HR, Payroll and Talent systems forward into the future. This will involve working closely with senior management, wider business stakeholders and colleagues within Business Applications to provide HR application technical and process expertise to deliver longer-term application roadmap maintaining alignment with global and regional initiatives.
Manage a portfolio of Products and provide improvements to the existing SAP HR and Payroll solutions to meet new and/or evolving business requirements.
The role comprises the following areas of responsibility:
- Management of a team of functional consultants working with various HR applications, managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Management of a controlled programme of change in consultation with business stakeholders
- Ensuring the solutions evolve in order to meet the business requirements of the UK & CH firm
- Balancing the priorities of projects, support items and continuous improvement (change requests) on behalf of the business
- Provision of subject matter expertise on business processes in the HR & Talent lifecycle and the technology underpinning the solutions
- Participation in the end-to-end lifecycle of enhancement work, from the initial analysis through to implementation and ongoing support
- Specification and testing of system enhancements where the capability of the standard software does not meet the business requirements
- Contributing to strategic roadmaps for Enterprise Management
- Reports to the Head of Business Applications
- Ensuring the team responds to and resolves incidents and problems in line with Service Levels.
- Maintaining a low demand for support activity enabling team to focus on projects and changes
- Ensuring the Payroll remains compliant with UK and Swiss regulations
- Ensure that the group operates within Deloitte standards as well as meeting external regulatory and statutory requirements
Principle business interfaces
- Other Team leads within Business Applications
- Business Relationship, Service Delivery and Architecture teams within IT
- Business Stakeholders: HR Directors and Practice Support Services Organisation leadership
- Co-ordination with Global and other member firms
- 3rd party suppliers
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes, with occasional travel to London and other Deloitte sites
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full time (professional working day, Monday to Friday); although 4 days per week part-time working would be considered.
You will report to the Head of Business Applications and be part of the Leadership team of the Business Applications team.
Your professional experience
- Experience in HR technology leadership; ideally within professional services organisation
- Hands-on experience managing HR technology development and service management
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of large ERP solution
- Experience in integrating HR systems with other systems e.g. finance systems, reporting systems, etc.
- Experience in managing on-site and off-shore third-party suppliers
- Working knowledge of DevOps/Application Lifecycle Management tools
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, both oral and written, including ability to articulate ways of working to a senior as well as a detailed/technical audience
- People management: focus on supporting development of your team
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.