Executive Assistant to the Company Secretary, Open to flexible working
As the Executive Assistant, you will provide first class administrative and secretarial support to the SVP, Company Secretary and to assist with Board arrangements for the Non Executive Directors as required. To work closely with the Department managers to ensure smooth running of the Secretariat department.
- Full proactive diary management of the SVP, Company Secretary's diary including where appropriate, the collation of relevant papers, organisation of travel and preparation of a detailed itinerary in advance of all trips.
- Plan and arrange meetings and conference calls, ensuring appropriate technical arrangements are in place and all necessary information distributed to appropriate parties well in advance.
- Operate an effective "Bring forward" system for the SVP, Company Secretary, ensuring access to all papers and meeting material well in advance of meetings, allowing time for a thorough review prior to each event.
- Ensure that those individuals who contribute to the Company Secretary's reports and written work meet their deadlines.
- Prepare confidential correspondence and papers, including Secretariat team salary reviews and other team confidential matters.
- Communicate in writing decisions or actions reached at meetings on behalf of the Company Secretary.
- Building strong relationships with GSK's Executive and Non Executive Directors, CET members, Senior Executives and their team to ensure that day-to-day interactions at the most senior level of GSK work smoothly.
- Co-ordinate with the Assistant Secretary - Plc & Shareholder Services the arrangements for GSK's AGM.
- Maintenance of files and other records; extraction and retrieval of information there from. Preparation of any relevant documentation required.
- Assist the Executive Assistant - SVP Company Secretary Board Support with the issuance of Board and Committee papers.
- Assisting the Company Secretary generally in the smooth running of the department.
- Working knowledge of current financial expenditure systems and procedures (e.g. Boomerang, ESP, Cross Charging, AMEX etc).
- Monitor correspondence and requests referred by the Chairman and CEO, ensuring appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Cover for the Executive PA - SVP Company Secretary - Board Support in her absence. Gain a thorough understanding of the Board and Committee meetings, procedures and processes.
- Cover for the Senior Executive Assistant to the Chairman of GSK.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Take a look at the requirements and apply via our online portal using your cover letter and CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 25TH June to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Significant previous experience in a PA role, supporting one or more senior executives (VP level or above)
- Experience of dealing with confidential information.
- Good understanding of administrative processes.
- Awareness of inter-functional relationships with other departments.
- High level of knowledge and skill in use of e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Good numeracy skills required.
- Fast and accurate typing skills, shorthand desirable.
- Demonstrates team working ability, approachable at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to project a competent and confident and professional image of the department to internal and external enquirers and stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organising skills and ability to prioritise work.
- Able to manage diverse routine and ad-hoc administrative projects simultaneously using creativity and independent judgment.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment and act proactively and independently in absence of Line Manager.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to think ahead and take initiative.
- See above
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive On Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.