Strategic Architecture Lead for Cash Management and Payments, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
The architecture lead will be in charge of a specialist function within the programme, and will be expected to collaborate closely with the community of payments business architects and strategic designers within the Payments Technical Services team, Group Transformation Payments Fraud and Financial Crime team, and senior stakeholders across the business, especially within Transaction Banking.
- Product Owner for the payments aspects of CM&P, responsible for the design of programme solutions impacting payments, as well as Target Operating Models and the defined current and future state business and IT architecture landscapes for CM&P programme
- Responsible for identifying and prioritising strategic opportunities as well as continuous improvement disciplines which drive change and/or improvements ensuring business and customer centric solutions
- Lead decision making on strategic technology choices for key functional capabilities, and establish the architectural definitions which enable these choices to be implemented.
- Ensure that the technical solution meets the strategic needs of the organisation
- Responsible for identifying and prioritising compliance requirements into CM&P, including applicable regulations such as PSD2 and Open Ban gin, both by letter of the rules and in principle; and that generally the bank operates within the spirit and requirements of the codes of conduct to which it is committed.
- Own and drive the strategy for any business impacts as a result of CM&P, interlocking with other parts of the Group and ensuring system, colleague and process impacts are understood and built into resource plans.
- As part of the Senior Programme Team, and Payments Technical Services leadership team, support peers and the wider programme in ensuring the programme delivers to agreed timelines and budget
- Establish a presence in the key governance forums which set and direct investment priorities, and ensure that investment programmes are delivering in accordance with the strategy and architecture.
- Communicate and promote the CM&P capability and target architecture across Group Transformation and Group CIO, senior stakeholders to influence and challenge key business decisions and support successful development and delivery of business objectives. Attend and contribute to relevant forums and committees
- Lead a multi-disciplined team working across the labs to ensure successful testing and delivery; develop, coach and inspire the team to achieve a united plan and set them up for success, resolve creative tensions and conflicts where they arise and drive support for and commitment to plans;
- Proactively builds and maintains external and internal networks to identify industry best practice and to ensure legal, regulatory and professional compliance
- Provide thought leadership internally and externally
- As required, commission and manage the delivery of work from external partners, to establish architectural definitions in priority areas.
- Contributes to strategic direction of the business and wider specialist function
- Leads and manages self and own team in the context of relevant risk policies and frameworks
Capabilities / Knowledge
- A broad knowledge of banking and modern IT architecture technologies including cloud, big data, API, digital and mobile.
- A broad knowledge of payments including product, process both within LBG as well as industry-wide
- An in-depth understanding of the IT and payments landscape and upcoming change - be it internally driven or external
- Detailed understanding of payments processing, covering international and UK domestic payments types (BACS, Faster Payments, SWIFT)
- Knowledge of key payments platform architectures and suppliers (especially SAP, Finastra, ACI)
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, proposals, issues and implications in a concise way to colleagues at all levels and to a range of business stakeholders including GEC.
- Ability to win the trust, confidence and commitment of senior business and technology stakeholders and to lead their thinking.
- Ability to translate business strategy and architecture (both IT and Payments) objectives into units of delivery which can be used to plan and direct investment.
- Ability to pragmatically balance the demands of delivery projects with the need to maintain the integrity of both the payments and IT target architecture.
- Ability to translate business strategy and architecture objectives into units of delivery which can be used to plan and direct investment.
- Ability to use considered judgement to make clear decisions in complex situations.
- Ability to delegate key architectural decisions and delivery responsibilities while retaining oversight and accountability.
- Ability to work with technical architects and engineers to optimise the solution architecture to support delivery, customer, product and commercial outcomes
- Ability to simplify and summarise complex regulation to brief senior executives, provide thought leadership and facilitate appropriate decisions for LBG
- Use strong network of stakeholders from across the Group to obtain input and sign-off from other divisions as well as stakeholders like customers, end-users, team, managers, etc.
- Champion the customer agenda internally and where appropriate externally with regulators, other banks and external bodies to support the LBG strategy to be the Best Bank for Customers
- Consistently demonstrates and role models the group's values and leadership capability.
- Good team worker, both within internal architecture teams, across project teams and with external partners/vendors
- Ability to work and take initiative independently
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor
- Maintain a holistic view of product and ensure that the end-to-end customer experience is strong
- Align teams on product vision and release goals
- Experienced in working within an agile methodology
- Have an understanding of the wider Group and other change programme contexts