Senior Surveyor, Valuation Assurance & Professional Advisory Team, Real Estate, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Real Estate team. We are the real estate advisory practice of Deloitte LLP, one of the world’s leading providers of professional services. Together we have established a new benchmark in how real estate advisory services are delivered, with an unparalleled capability to provide innovative cross service solutions to the most complex property challenges. We provide consultative services, as well as a variety of specialist advice, to a wide range of private and public sector clients across the UK and abroad. We can help clients with everything from preparing planning applications to managing commercial real estate.
Deloitte Real Estate currently provides comprehensive property consultancy and advisory services, working seamlessly with specialist teams in areas of assurance and advisory, tax, corporate finance and consulting, to deliver fully integrated expert solutions on a national and global basis. The calibre of clients is exceptionally high and you’ll have the opportunity to develop across different areas as your experience grows. There is a comprehensive suite of learning and development opportunities.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
We are always looking for talented individuals, and for this role we are looking at Senior Surveyor level, to join our team. This opportunity goes beyond traditional valuation and extends to cover a variety of instructions and enquiries from the broad internal network.
Deloitte’s Real Estate Valuation Assurance and Professional Advisory Group operates throughout the UK with bases in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Scotland. We have a strong client base and are growing as a result of the exciting opportunities from the wider Deloitte business.
Our vision is to grow and broaden Deloitte’s real estate offer, targeting the largest and most influential clients and providing fully integrated business solutions.
As part of this dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to combine and develop your specialist real-estate skills and industry knowledge to advise clients strategically on aspects of real estate-related business matters, knowing the specific Manager (Senior Surveyor) role we are currently recruiting for will have a focus on the Residential and the Commercial/Corporate markets. You will be exposed to a wide variety of instructions within an extremely commercial, client-focused environment. Some of the projects we have been involved with historically have included:
• Advising Homes England in assessing applications for the Housing Infrastructure Fund
• Advising on the disposal of a UK housebuilder
• Advising an Eastern European Central Bank on how to deal with its various Banks’ Real Estate loans
• Advising a developer on how to optimise their real estate portfolio
• Restructuring a UK housebuilder’s development department
• Providing acquisition advice in connection with a major UK airport including property, financial and tax due diligence
• Sale of a UK wide portfolio in the self-storage sector
• Providing advice to a global corporate on purchase price accounting for assets across UK and Europe
• Strategic review of operational asset base for a UK corporate occupier.
• Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel with the option of working one or two days a week from home.
This is a permanent contract opportunity and the role can be worked on a full-time / term-time (or other annualised days) basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Have you always wanted to take the summer months off work to spend with family? With our annualised contracts, it is a possible option with us.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your professional experience
• It is essential you are MRICS qualified (Registered Valuer)
• Excellent and relevant academic record and/or a relevant post graduate qualification (or equivalent)
• Direct client contact experience
• It is essential you have excellent core valuation skills
• Able to act independently and as part of a team
• Strong report writing and consultancy skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proficient user of Argus Enterprise and Argus Developer
• Proficient user of Powerpoint
• Excellent Excel skills and financial modelling skills are desirable
We take personal development seriously, offering a wide range of learning and development opportunities within a highly supportive and nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. Be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, contribution and ambition are rewarded.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesfor the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.