Digital Performance Manager, Europe, Open to flexible working
Digital Performance Manager, Europe
Do you have a passion for digital media and how continual focused optimisation can accelerate business growth? Do you have deep subject matter expertise on the tools and technology driving media performance across biddable media? Do you have a point of view on the digital transformation shaping the media industry and would you like a role that allows you to drive forward this agenda for our brand teams in Europe? Would you like to work for the No. 1 Drinks Business in the world?
If that sparks your interest, read on…
The Digital Performance Manager will play a central role in the management of Diageo Europe performance-based digital campaigns with a focus in programmatic, engineering the buying and optimisation approach, setting up campaigns for continual ROI gains. This role is varied and requires expertise across biddable media including paid social, paid search and programmatic campaigns, providing consultation to internal and external stakeholders within our marketing teams and our media agency. This role will work across a range of performance-based biddable media platforms utilising our DMP, Facebook and Google as well as other digital optimisation platforms.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Digital Performance Manager who is inquisitive, driven and passionate about digital media. The Digital Performance Manager will be a hands-on digital expert with strong analytical skills and significant programmatic and biddable buying experience in paid search and paid social gained in a digital agency or in-house at a client organisation. Over the course of your career, you have developed experience in managing and delivering, having the ability to translate strategy into executional plans. You are able to work within a complex matrix organisation and handle ambiguity well.
In this role, you will be working closely with the European brand teams and our media agency to set the standard for driving best practice buying and optimisation in programmatic and biddable media. You will be responsible for setting the strategy for biddable media and engage senior leaders to demonstrate how continual focused optimisation can accelerate business growth by reinvesting media savings. You will have a clear understanding of the tools and technology systems that are used to enable biddable media buying and optimisation to lead the changes required to use these systems to their full potential. Data & technology is at the heart of what we do and you’ll work with the Marketing Effectiveness team and our Centre of Digital Excellence to ensure we’re exploring every opportunity to drive optimisation and insight within our biddable media activity.
The Digital Performance Manager will have:
- A solid understanding of each platform’s advertising formats and features and an avid interest in exploring new formats and ways to engage audiences through paid digital media.
- Expertise with advanced targeting and optimisation tactics to drive a constant test and learn approach, overhauling strategies and implementing your own data-driven ideas to exceed goals.
- Trading experience and advanced knowledge of DV360, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Doubleclick Search, Facebook’s advertising platform, as well as ad verification partners.
- A strategic understanding of how to improve digital media campaign performance through optimisation of creative. Experience working with dynamic creative is preferable.
- Flexibility in adapting to fast-changing priorities and a fast-paced work environment whilst maintaining close attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and adjust to differences between geographies and cultures.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and hit the ground running.
- A good understanding and interest in data processing, regulations and the implications of GDPR.
Where will this take you?
You will develop a complete understanding of how the Diageo Europe brand teams operate. You will have the opportunity to directly influence our digital media investments in Europe, working closely with our brand teams, media agency and our global Marketing Effectiveness and Centre of Digital Excellence teams to develop and embed best practice. This will put you in an ideal situation to take on a leading digital role in the future, either at a regional or global level, and with the cross-functional experience you will gain, builds the foundations to work across any function in the business.
You will have a strong media background, with a strength in digital execution and biddable media, specifically programmatic, although experience with paid search and paid social is ideal as is experience in working with FMCG. You will have at least 5+ years’ experience in media buying and optimisation including 2+ years’ experience working within programmatic either within a media agency or in house, providing strong knowledge of the programmatic landscape and ad tech including DSPs and SSPs. You have a detailed understanding of programmatic and demonstrable experience of running programmatic campaigns within a DSP and expertise of different buy types. You will have subject matter expertise in biddable media, know your way around buying platforms for programmatic, tech stacks, and have experience with ad verification software with knowledge of brand safety, ad fraud and viewability techniques. You will be able to demonstrate strong functional and leadership capabilities and experience through your CV and at interview.
Where will you be working?
The role is based in Park Royal, London but some travel may be required during the year to our European hubs. The role sits within the Europe Culture Media & Futures team.
Travel requirements: occasional travel to Europe hubs may be required.
Reports to Europe Head of Technology and Innovation and the Europe Head of Media Optimisation (as part of Europe Culture, Media & Futures team)
Win through Execution – Lead bold execution in a fast moving world
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt our media strategy and plans with pace
- Inject a restlessness to win, decide and act quickly
- Stay focused on priorities – demonstrate rigour and brilliant execution
Shape the Future – Create focus and ownership for shaping Diageo’s future ambition
- Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth
- Build alignment, commit to outstanding teamwork
- Provide context to enable others to think, decide and act
- Stand for what you feel is right and important
- Demonstrate deep personal accountability for great performance
- Build and sustain trust with others through real relationships
Essential qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills at all levels of an organisation & across different countries, with ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with ability to drive change and inspire/influence others to get behind new ideas.
- Strong functional background in media – ideally experience hands-on media buying paid search, social and programmatic platforms at a media agency or client organisation.
- Good understanding of digital media sophistication across Europe – challenges and opportunities presented by different buying and optimisation approaches.
- Hard working, reliable with drive for results and a strategic thinker with strong organisational skills.
- Action orientated: prioritisation, decision making and problem solving. Analytical by nature.
- Self-starter that can deal well with ambiguity and has the ability to work independently.