Innovation Hub Community Manager - Part time - High Wycombe
Innovation Hub Community Manager – Part-Time -High Wycombe
- £35K FTE per annum + flexible benefits
- 22.5hrs per week Mon-Fri
This role is key to creating a dynamic and engaged business community at each of the Innovation Hubs. You will ensure our customers within the Hubs receive an excellent customer service experience, are provided with an environment that encourages their growth and are part of a collaborative community of SMEs, business support organisations and the wider eco-system to support their growth.
Each Community Manager will lead on engagement activity at the Hub they are responsible for, while also working with the wider team to ensure collaboration and community development across two sites.
Able to work alongside a range of stakeholders and undertake networking, event management, customer service and sales and marketing to support the vision and objectives for the Hubs; this is an ideal role for an experienced customer focused, membership, retail or network administrator in a fast-paced environment, who is looking to develop their skills further in a different sector. Plenty of support and training will be given where necessary, but you will need to possess excellent organisational, communication and customer service skills with a keen eye for detail and have plenty of ideas of how to create and support dynamic communities.
If you are reliable, proactive, self-motivated and are comfortable working independently as well as part of the wider team, then this may be the role for you.
Major objectives of the role:
- · To lead on the creation and maintenance of a dynamic and engaged business community within the Hub(s) ·
- To support the Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) to deliver a wide range of community engagement activities including events, networking opportunities and social interactions to drive collaboration · T
- o undertake all aspects of sales, marketing and operational activities to attract new customers to the Hub and ensure retention of existing customers ·
- To deliver exceptional customer service levels, supporting the EiR and working with our central commercial and operations teams ·
- To be accountable for the financial and operational performance of the centre, including reporting on KPIs ·
- Overall management control and accountability for the financial and commercial performance of the centre
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Drive the identification and engagement of a wide range of stakeholders from the broad business eco-system to become members of the community, matching their skills/products/services with the needs of the community
- Working with the EiR, develop an events and engagement programme to draw new members to the community, as well as addressing the business and networking needs of individual entrepreneurs, graduates and SMEs
- Play a lead role in the marketing and outreach activities of the Hub(s) to promote the centre to a wide audience
- Working with BNU to identify opportunities for Hub customers to collaborate with the University community: academics, researchers, students and graduates.
- Team management to include Customer Experience Assistants and temporary cover as appropriate Recruiting and coaching the Hub management team in the required standards of performance and service levels to ensure that the Hubs deliver a high level of customer service to all members and customers
- Report Financial Management Information to include monthly billing, and revenue collection, demonstrating a good understanding of P & L reports and managing costs
- Compile financial targets across all revenue lines with close management of expenses against budget Control cost lines in the business within budgetary guidelines.
- Working with the onsite BNU facilities team make recommendations on OPEX (operational expenditure) cost savings Present annual budgets with recommendations on price increases, proposed local strategies and CAPEX (capital expenditure) requirements
- Recommend and implement potential areas where additional revenue can be generated.
- Present lettings and additional services revenue plans as required
Sales and Marketing
- Working across the 2 sites, promoting available space in the Hub(s) on pre-agreed commercial terms Assist in generating revenue from various products available in the Hubs
- To assist in ensuring that the Hubs are fully exposed to the market to maximize revenue opportunities
- Network with influencers, public sector and inward investment bodies and target potential customers as necessary to promote the Hub(s) Liaise with the central Marketing Team to assist in preparing marketing collateral suitable for the Hub(s)
- Contribute to identifying, recommending and implementing local marketing initiatives
- Contribute to identifying additional revenue creating opportunities
- Maintain an awareness of Oxford Innovation’s range of services, projects and expertise and promote appropriately to partners and clients
- Maintain an awareness and interest in the Hub customers’ business performance and problems and signposting to help
- Working with the onsite BNU team assist with setting, monitoring and developing the standards of the building’s presentation, including cleanliness, health and safety and security
- Primary responsibility for implementing the agreed standard operating procedures and monitoring criteria with the Hub
- Contributing to developing a culture of quality service and customer care in all areas by encouraging open and honest feedback from staff and customers, assisting with regular surveys and staff coaching
- Strong contribution to promoting and building the Hub’s reputation for exceptional standards of customer care
- Ensure that an appropriate competent employee is always on duty and able to deal with emergency procedures
- Attend training courses and meetings as and when requested to do so, being responsible for own development
- Experience in the operational running of similar project, co-working or shared workspace or comparable operation is desirable or demonstrable transferable experience in a customer service / facing environment
- Clearly identifiable management skills in order to lead a team within a service environment, ensuring overall performance is maximised
- Evidence of negotiation skills within previous roles
What are you like?
- Highly self-motivated and proactive with a desire to contribute to the company more widely
- An interest in enterprise, entrepreneurial activity and in working in a lively, dynamic business environment
- A keen technology and IT user, adept at social media and communication on and offline with experience of using a range of technology Able to motivate, lead and delegate tasks to the team
- A confident and enthusiastic person able to mix with all types of people and to provide a friendly, natural professional public image
- Client and customer services focussed
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task Conscientious and efficient with an eye for detail and pride in their work
- Great as part of a team as well as working on their own when the need arises
- Flexible – willing to do what it takes to make the centre a success
More searches like this
- Admin £30,000 - £40,000 part time jobs in High Wycombe
- Marketing and PR £30,000 - £40,000 part time jobs in High Wycombe
- Event Management £30,000 - £40,000 part time jobs in High Wycombe
- Marketing £30,000 - £40,000 part time jobs in High Wycombe
- Customer Services £30,000 - £40,000 part time jobs in High Wycombe