Senior Software Quality Engineer, Open to flexible working
Challenge. Create. Deliver. Evolve
As part of a new tech team based in Sunderland, you will deliver first class customer propositions to some of the UK's most iconic brands and businesses. At BGL our customers are at the heart of what we do and our passion is to create great customer experiences.
We're looking for Quality Engineers with an unrivalled enthusiasm for their craft, who work best in a collaborative team environment. We're passionate about empowering colleagues and do the same with our customers, allowing them to choose and purchase the right product at the right price for them.
Contribute to the evolution and execution of quality processes, contributing towards continuous improvement, ensuring quality and testing is at the forefront of all system developments.
- Ensure the successful adoption of "Quality First" practices in your agile delivery team
- Solve complex problems and issues
- Champion simplicity. Contributing to the evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion
- Understand how our customers interact with our product
- Focus on delivery for the benefit of the customer
- Coach and mentor other engineers within the team
- Be part of our Quality community and sharing leanings
- Collaborate within a full stack delivery team utilising .Net, Integration/Mulesoft, Doc1, and RPG technologies
What will it take to be successful as a Quality Engineer at BGL Tech?
- Demonstrable experience of hands-on software test planning, design, execution and reporting within an Agile working environment
- Excellent defect management, requirements analysis and change management experience
- Ability to balance multiple work streams within a fast pace, demanding environment
- Strong communicator and influencer who can clearly articulate to different audiences
- Good understanding of Software Engineering and Test automation practices
- Proven Functional and non-functional testing experience
- Stakeholder and relationship management
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
- Active learner, both within your technical and professional area of expertise, taking control of your own career development
Due to the nature of our exciting expansion, we want to ensure you are inducted fully into our environment. As such, we require flexibility to accommodate working between Peterborough and Sunderland for an interim period as part of your onboarding experience. Details will be discussed throughout the interview process.
We are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services to 9.5 million customers. The Group is organised in two Divisions: Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing (IDO) and Price Comparison.
IDO provides a range of motor, home and life insurance products in partnership with several of the best-known brands in UK financial services and through own brands Budget Insurance, Dial Direct, Beagle Street and FiftyLife, all supported by state-of-the-art contact centres and digital platforms.
comparethemarket.com is one of the UK's leading price comparison sites and LesFurets.com is a leading player in the French market.
With nearly 3,000 colleagues in the UK and Paris, we understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance. Whether it's working from home, flexible hours, part-time or job share, we aim to create an environment where colleagues can feel empowered to build a flexible working culture to cater to both their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them and for the business.
Awesome stuff you get at BGL Tech
- Breath taking views of the river Wear and the amazing Northern Spire bridge from the office
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- Innovation Days
- Great work-life balance
- Awesome kit for all new starters
- Daily free fruit * On site car park
- Shops within walking distance of the office
- Free Desk Massage
- Regular MeetUps and Social evenings
- Secure Bike Racks
- Kitchen facilities, with free tea and coffee and lots lots more.