Head of ITS Business Applications, Change Delivery, IT Services, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Everyone knows technology is changing how business works. Experienced leaders like you are key delivering the future of our business. Your mentorship, support and collaborative style will give your team members the self-confidence to innovate and the skills to reach their full potential. We have a significant ongoing investment in technology to underpin the future of our business and we are continually striving to enable our practitioners in delivering outstanding client service by providing the best technology.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Head of ITS Business Applications is a senior leader within the IT Services function. The role is responsible for the lifecycle for the development, deployment and ongoing maintenance and support of our core business applications.
The role will report to the Director Business Change and work closely with the Director of IT Operations, Director of IT for Switzerland, and CISO to ensure risk to operations and security are managed, while delivering our IT Strategy. In particular, as ITS moves applications to the Cloud and develops a DevSecOps approach to maintaining the application estate, the role holder will be expected to be a transformational leader.
The Head of Business Applications will be actively involved in liaising with global and NWE firms to exploit opportunities for aligning platforms to better support our practitioners. This may include taking responsibility for delivery of platforms for use by other geographies.
- Leadership of the management team for Business Applications, encouraging and supporting their professional and personal development
- Service Management: Ensuring teams respond to and resolve incidents and problems in a timely manner
- Ensuring capabilities for the on-going day to day support of existing solutions used by all areas of the business, including business continuity plans and disaster recovering plans
- Technical Leadership: Directing the work of the Solution Architects across ITS, in support of all projects
- Oversight of the development team to ensure applications are developed to meet industry and Deloitte standards as well as meeting external regulatory and statutory requirements
- Leading adoption of DevSecOps in Business Applications, working with global colleagues to align on good practice
- Financial Planning and day to day management of an annual budget, including routine approvals
- Commercial leadership: Regular service reviews with key vendors to ensure delivery of ongoing improvements in service delivery.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London / Milton Keynes with some domestic and occasional international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time / Permanent part-time
Your professional experience
To qualify for this role you must have:
- Cross-industry best practice experience of managing delivery of significant and complex portfolio
- Proven Leadership credentials with demonstrable examples of developing and leading High Performing Teams/People
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and manage technical and non-technical stakeholders up to and including C-Level, and explain complex technical concepts in non-technical language
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
PFT SLICSS BAITEC CFTEC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 166931