Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer, Open to flexible working
Working within the Business Quality Services Team in ITS to carry out test planning, scripting and execution activities to ensure all integrated applications and technology solutions are thoroughly tested. This role will also be required to have a focus on supervisory responsibilities as well as a great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work according to risk and business focus.
As a Senior QA Engineer you will be working alongside QA Managers to ensure all test activities on projects are executed as per the Test Plan. You will be required to liaise with Project Managers, Technical teams, QA Analysts, Business Analysts, Solution Designers, users to ensure any changes to the Deloitte IT estate meet out quality standards. As a Senior QA Engineer we expect you to be confident leading functional testing activities in projects and releases. We also expect you to be comfortable with other aspects of testing according to our Test Framework including: planning, technical prep, scripting, non-functional testing & SIT, coordination of UAT and OAT phases, handover to operations.
- Planning and estimating testing efforts for various projects and new initiatives.
- Supporting the creation of test plans that can be understood and actioned by other parties both internal and external.
- Developing testing work products and deliverables such as: Test Plans, UAT Plan, OAT Plan, Test Completion Reports
- Providing status reports to Project Managers & Senior Management Team.
- Adherence to the overarching Test team strategy, process & test methodologies
- Liaise with business and ITS stakeholders, including Partners and Directors
- Developing test scenarios following a risk-based approach. Theses should be created from discussions with key stakeholders, requirements documentation, solution design, high level test plan, business process maps and other project documentation
- Ensuring that all technical preparations have been completed prior to commencing test activities i.e. test environments stable and ready for use, entry criteria met, test accounts set-up, access devices ready for testing
- Executing test scenarios and managing results spanning: functional testing; package testing; system & integration testing; aspects of non-functional testing; end user applications; large end user computing deployment testing
- Coordinating and supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities as required
- Coordinating and supporting Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) as required
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff / Milton Keynes
Work pattern: Permanent, Full time. We promote agile working.
.ULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Your professional experience
- Experience working in Professional Services
- A strong knowledge of Windows OS, Office suite and Citrix environments
- Agile understanding and experience in working in a scrum team
- ISEB Software Testing Foundation & Practitioner level certification is mandatory. Higher qualifications in this area are desirable
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance process and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives
- A thorough knowledge of QA/test methodologies e.g. agile, waterfall, V-Model, DevOps, products etc.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to build good relationships & conduct effective technical discussions with clients, peers and senior staff
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage a group of QA/Test Professionals (including, Manual, Performance & Automated Test resources) from disparate resource models
- A good knowledge of the HPE toolset, Microsoft VSTS, Service Now
- ITIL experience, and preferably certified to ITIL Foundation or Practitioner level
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction ...
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 164386