Subject Matter Expert in Data Analytics, 3-5 days per week
Are you an experienced educator in Data Analytics and/or someone who fully understands the requirements of working in data science? Can you apply your qualifications, expertise and career experience to aid the delivery of outstanding classroom training with real-world applications?
Are you someone who enjoys developing and mentoring others? Do you want to do all this in a highly flexible working environment, including the opportunity to work from home and plan your time around your other commitments?
Corndel is seeking an exceptional individual to join our Data Analytics Delivery Team to lead the delivery of our first-class, employer-funded Data Analytics Apprenticeship programme. We work with some of the UK’s largest and highest profile businesses, breaking new ground in developing the data analysts of tomorrow through brilliant training.
We want you to be our programme expert. To be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Data Analytics, you do not need to be qualified teacher, you do need to be passionate about developing the skills, knowledge and behaviours of others looking to become confident data scientists. You will be delivering the workshops that will prepare our learners for their synoptic projects and application of learning activities. You will also be required to provide ongoing technical assistance to these learners between workshops and to offer support to our Professional Development Experts who will work with you to deliver the programme.
As the Subject Matter Expert, you will:
- Be an expert on common data science processes such as filtering and transforming data sets, model estimation, and model evaluation and are proficient in using programming language such as Python and R
- Provide insight and answer queries on database software such as SQL, cloud solutions such as Azure, and ETL processes to prepare data, and use the opportunities Corndel will offer you to stay current and relevant in your knowledge.
- Deliver brilliant classroom training on all things data science in a range of industries and support learners to overcome technical challenges
- Continually develop our Data Analytics course content and resource packages in collaboration with our Curriculum Team
- Be pivotal to the success of our Data Analyst learners and the timely completion of their course
- Develop and support our Professional Development Experts to be confident data scientists
- Develop excellent stakeholder relationships with employers, learners, PDEs, our Operations Team and Business Development Team.
- Partner with the Business Development Team on client questions relating to the course and its components
- Ensure that compliance requirements of apprenticeship standards are appropriately applied in an innovative and engaging way
As the Subject Matter Expert, you are:
- An expert in Data Science and the application of common theory and methodology with practical experience of applying these in a business and/or client facing role
- Confident with the software and tools used in data science
- Confident in delivering classroom and/or web-based learning sessions via blended learning
- Passionate about developing others
- An excellent communicator who can work effectively with people at all levels internally and externally - from senior stakeholders to people at the start of their career
- Confident to multitask and work in a high change environment
- Confident and adaptable problem solver who is empathetic and compassionate
- Have either A’level Math or a degree in a STEM subject
To apply please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you think that you would be a great part of the Corndel Team via the application method below.