Analytics Product Manager, Open to flexible working
We are searching for a Advanced Analytics Product Manager who can make a positive difference to the team, the broader GSK and who can motivate and inspire others to do the same.
GSK is changing and our agenda is exciting and transformational. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is three years into her tenure and is driving a strategy aligned to Innovation, Performance and Trust. There is no better time to come and join the team! Together we can serve our HR and broader GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS THE BACKGROUND OF THE PORTFOLIO ADVANCED ANALYTICS GROUP?
This group is a newly formed dedicated unit within the R&D Strategy, Portfolio and Operations (SPO) Analytics function, who's vision is to act as Analytical change agents to revolutionise the way R&D makes portfolio decisions.
Specifically, the group is accountable for:
Embodying the Science of portfolio management, by:
- Building and owning best in class statistical methodologies for solving portfolio management problems
- Constantly innovating to answer hereto untapped portfolio questions.
- Peer reviewing methods to ensure accuracy
Driving Technology within portfolio management, by:
- Leading the design of a comprehensive Data Strategy for the portfolio team.
- Building technology-based solutions which are optimised to workflows
- Designing user centric applications to enable analytics to be available at the point of decision.
Leading an advanced analytics-based portfolio management culture, by:
- Building structured partnerships with supporting organisations across R&D (e.g. Data & Computational Sciences/Technology/Clinical Statistics)
- Driving a data/toolkit first mindset to problem solving within portfolio
- Delivering training to build capability excellence within the portfolio group.
Key tools used by the Advanced Analytics Group today are: Hadoop Cloudera (Inc. Hive and Impala), Microsoft Azure, R, Python, HTML, Spotfire, Power BI, SQL.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Lead the definition of customer needs and the benefits case for change for projects to be owned by Advanced Analytics;
- Codify user requirements; identify and analyse alternative solutions and develop project charters through negotiation and agreement with sponsors and stakeholders.
- Own the analysis during design, development and implementation, working with a multifunctional group within Advanced Analytics and partner organisations, to ensure that requirements are met, and benefits realized for key projects.
- Lead Advanced Analytics delivery project teams, consisting of cross-functional members, to deliver novel portfolio management solutions.
- Own the Visualisation/Ux strategy for the Advanced Analytics group including: visualisation/infographic best practice, user centric application design and decisions around which tools we utilise in order to engage our stakeholders (Spotfire/PowerBI/Qlik) through partnership with our Data and Computational Sciences and Technology partners.
- Use analytical techniques to identify opportunities and improve portfolio management performance or solve problems by optimising processes, facilitating change and improving compliance with existing processes.
- Provide awareness and coaching for benefits, change and process management within Portfolio Management.
- Develop and maintain understanding of:
- Portfolio management processes, systems and objectives;
- Industry-wide practices and trends in portfolio management solutions for R&D;
- Mainstream systems development methodologies, analysis techniques, target architecture guidance and standards.
- In addition to the above, all roles within Advanced Analytics will be expected to engage in the breadth of analytical requirements for given projects e.g. Ux design/Data & Analytical modelling/stakeholder management albeit not to the same extent as the specialist role in this space.
- This role will also be expected to build up a strong knowledge of the key portfolio management activities.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 19th July 2019 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Postgraduate qualifications preferably within Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Decision Science, Statistics ML/AI
- A significant experience in R&D and Pharmaceutical industry
- Significant experience designing and managing analytical programs to support decision optimisation.
- Working technical knowledge of key decision science modelling methodologies and coding languages (e.g. R/Python).
- Preferred: Experience building and deploying data products, delivered by Visualisation tools such as Spotfire/Tableau/Qlikview.
- Experience generating modelling requirements from initially adhoc and ambiguous questions
- Experience operating independently.
- PHD/MBA - Postgraduate experience in an academic role specifically within Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Decision Science, Statistics, ML/AI
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.