Assistant Management Accountant, Part time 22.5 hours/wk
This role is based at our offices in Surbiton, reporting to the Management Accountant. The post holder will be expected to assist in the production of timely and reliable monthly management accounts and engage with managers to provide variance analysis. Supporting the budgeting and reforecasting process and distributing budget reports to stakeholders. The post holder will account for investments and loans including calculating the loan covenants.
Permanent, part time 22.5 hours per week, 4.5 hours a day Monday to Friday during working hours for example 9am -1.30pm.
YMCA St Paul’s Group (SPG) emerged from the coming together of four separate Associations over an 18-month period. The group is largest YMCA in Europe and one of the largest providers of supported housing in London and beyond providing a safe place to stay for over 1,200 residents each night. As well as accommodation, education and training, the Association is focused on the transformation of communities through its 6+ Health and Wellbeing Centres, including an outdoor swimming pool and a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes. Through the merger and accompanying new investment we expect the range, reach and impact of our services to grow so that we can better realise our vision.
The vision of the Association is of ‘Places where young people thrive and communities flourish’. Its mission is to be ‘an inclusive Christian Association transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive’.
- Be AAT qualified or ACCA/ACA/CIMA (part) qualified
- Have an understanding of VAT
- Have numeracy skills and an ability to understand, analyse and manipulate complex information and data
- Have experience of management accounting and budgeting
- Have experience and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Have experience of market leading finance systems eg. Sage, Sun Accounts, Microsoft Dynamics, Brixx etc
Please email the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form. Initial selection and interviews week commencing 15th July 2019.