Global Business Services (GBS), Shared Services and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
Open to returners & flexible working
Deloitte’s Global Business Services (GBS) practice serves the broad needs of today’s CXOs delivering tailor made solutions to a range of multinational clients, helping to transform their GBS, Shared Services and BPO organisations. The GBS team has great breadth and depth of the entire GBS, Shared Services and BPO lifecycle, which means that team members have the opportunity to develop skills and experience from conception to completion.
We start with assessing the health and conducting maturity assessments of CXO’s organisations. After a feasibility and business case exercise, we can support a Target Operating Model design and can take this right through to implementation and optimisation.
We bring expert knowledge of leading and future technologies and practices, helping our clients develop their Digital GBS strategy and implement digital solutions to transform their GBS capabilities across the business (e.g., robotic process automation, cognitive and artificial intelligence solutions).
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative solutions that transform the organisations and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for talented Senior Consultants with expertise in supporting the CXO’s agenda from a strategic, performance & profitability perspective. Areas where we are seeing an increasing demand are GBS and Shared Services strategy, transition management, Digital transformation, as well as BPO Advisory related services.
- Helping GBS, Shared Services and BPO navigate the opportunities and challenges brought about by digital disruption and next generation technologies (e.g. robotics process automation, advanced analytics, next generation ERP, Blockchain)
- Supporting or managing parts of the design, build, and implementation components of the future GBS, Shared Services and BPO organisations, e.g. operating model, organisation design, evaluating and selecting BPO providers, transitioning activities to Shared Services and / or BPO providers, or defining best practice processes
- Undertaking or supporting GBS diagnostic exercises to understand the 'health' of the organisation functions and identifying what is required to solve the challenges it faces
- Performing complex financial analysis to support business case development and benefits realisation
- Planning and managing a project work stream (including a team) to time and to budget in support of the overall project plan
- Inputting into proposals and identifying follow-on opportunities at existing clients
- Understanding a client's unique situation and developing deliverables which exactly meet their needs
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in the Deloitte office in London, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a permanent role with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
- Extensive experience in GBS, Shared Services and / or BPO sector
- Good experience in or around one or more of the disciplines, i.e., operating model, GBS, Shared Services and BPO strategy and diagnostics, process re-engineering, transition and optimisation
- Good understanding of end-to-end processes across one or more functions such as Finance, Human Capital, Procurement
- Relevant experience and understanding in or around one or more of the Digital capabilities, e.g., robotic process automation (application of process robotics within a functional and / or back-office environment using Blue Prism, UiPath, or Automation Anywhere), advanced analytics, next generation ERP, Blockchain highly desirable
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies highly desirable
- Experience in supporting the bid lifecycle (for candidates with Consulting background only)
- Ability to lead small teams of Deloitte, client and vendor resources
- Good communication, problem solving and project management skills
- 100% Mobility within the UK, with some international travel
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 168616