Technology Risk Lead - Major Programmes, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lead the formulation and delivery of strategies, policies and processes to identify risks; challenge and advise the business to mitigate and control risks in accordance with the risk appetite. Influence key senior stakeholders, deputise for senior colleagues and contribute to broader strategic planning and business decision-making by providing insight, control and thought leadership
Lloyds banking group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
COO business risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group CIO, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We're committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through creating and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
Sound like your kind of place?
You'll lead the formulation and delivery of strategies, policies and processes to identify risks; challenge and advise the business to mitigate and control risks in accordance with the risk appetite.
What would you be getting involved with?
- You'd be responsible for independent IT risk assessment activities and complex reviews/analyses to provide reliable, independent evaluation of risk management effectiveness and agree management actions with senior IT / business stakeholders to address issues highlighted.
- Prepares and interprets, with insight and information from multiple sources, recommendations for action, which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance and advice to influence decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas.
- Understand the business context of the Bank of the Future strategy and support the formulation of a forward facing risk approach by engaging industry experts to uncover emerging risks to better support how we build in solutions by design.
- You'll understand the business context of the COO Business Risk team, IT strategies and supports the formation of a forward view of risk based on an expert understanding technology risk.
- Proactively manage, develop and maintain intra-group relationships across the Three Lines of Defence.
- Recognised by peers and provide leadership of operational risk and IT Management.
- You'll Responsible for ensuring that programme impact of the IT Risk & Control Framework is clearly understood, ensuring we remain resilient and secure as a Group.
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas
- You're a highly motivated self-starter
- You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships and influence key senior stakeholders whilst contributing to broader strategic planning and business decision-making by providing insight, control and thought leadership.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Experienced on risk identification, assessment and management for enterprise wide delivery programmes.
- Highly capable IT subject matter expert
- Demonstrable experience of E2E risk management and/or delivery of IT change on Major Enterprise system, Infrastructure and Cloud related Programmes (including the transition of delivery risks to operational risks).
- Subject matter expertise of assessment of technology and IT security programme risk remediation progress and prioritisation. Demonstrable experience of leading the 1st Line engagement with Material Outsourcing programmes, evaluating the programme response to regulatory requirements for accuracy, quality and completeness, and assessing the level of risk associated with any regulatory gaps.
- Risk management and/or programme delivery relevant professional qualification.
- Understand activities and responsibilities of peers internally, in the same industry and similar external sectors, ensuring that knowledge and network of these areas is maintained and kept up to date.
- Specific knowledge covering the breadth and depth of technology risk with experience to lead across a variety of key risk areas impacting the business, from strategic, operational and change perspectives.
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. You'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.