Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) Communications Manager - 12 months FTC, Open to flexible working
We are searching for a Communications Manager who can make a positive difference to the team, the broader GSK and who can motivate and inspire others to do the same.
GSK is changing and our agenda is exciting and transformational. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is three years into her tenure and is driving a strategy aligned to Innovation, Performance and Trust. There is no better time to come and join the team! Together we can serve our HR and broader GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
Our Pharma Supply Chain is looking for a capable and experienced communications manager to help supply chain employees understand their role in helping the wider Pharma business win and feel connected with their colleagues in Commercial and R&D; translate business and corporate priorities in a meaningful way for supply chain employees; and represent supply chain successes/ challenges/ considerations to the wider business.
The focus of your role is to advise, challenge and coach leaders at Pharma Supply Chain leadership team and site level on all aspects of communications and employee engagement. Working to a dynamic agenda of strategic business priorities, you will support alignment and engagement at Pharma Supply Chain level, build communications capability among leaders, provide communications support for key operational priorities and issues, build trust with external stakeholders and manage issues effectively (e.g. product recall, restructuring).
You will also need to work very closely with communications colleagues in the Corporate and Pharma Local Operating Companies (LOCs) where required to manage issues and engage employees, so that internal and external communications are seamless and delivered in line with our 1+3 strategy and to ensure the supply chain story is integrated and reflected in our GSK Pharma internal and external communications.
You will also contribute actively to the development and implementation of joined-up supply chain communications designed to support our IPT priorities for a diverse population of employees including frontline operators in our factories worldwide.
The role is a 12 month fixed term contract position and will be based at GSK House.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Provide strategic counsel to supply chain and site leaders in relation to internal employee engagement, external media environment and issues management.
- Lead initiatives and projects on behalf of the Pharma Supply Chain CGA team.
- Develop and deliver effective communications strategies and plans to deliver against business priorities and aligned with the Pharma communications strategy.
- Support the Leadership Team and sites to bring innovation, performance and trust priorities to life for employee across the supply chain and at sites.
- Help ensure high employee engagement is achieved at manufacturing sites to support execution of business strategy, including improvement in performance on the supply chain fundamentals (quality, safety, and customer service) and financials (working capital and cost).
- Support senior leaders in Pharma Supply Chain by providing communications counsel and coaching, particularly around engaging employees and their counterparts in other parts of the business, and supporting development of effective messaging.
- Work closely with other teams in Communications and Government Affairs to manage issues arising that have broader impact on GSK.
- When Communications expertise is required, represent Supply Chain Communications on Product Incident Review Committees (PIRCs) and work with CGA colleagues on issues management related to product or site issues.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 15th July 2019 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You will have a proven track record of developing and delivering communications strategies that are effective at both a global and local level, including how to engage a culturally diverse and remote workforce, many of whom are not regular PC users.
You will be an experienced communicator with strong creativity, who is capable of credibly influencing at a senior level. Ideally, you will have a good understanding of GSK and established networks. You will have an ability to identify and focus on key issues and priorities, to take complex briefs and simplify information quickly, and be able to explain them clearly to both lay and more sophisticated audiences. You will be required to travel.
Critically, you must be comfortable working in a matrix team and able to cope with ambiguity and manage multiple, complex issues.
- Strong experience in Communications
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong communications planning skills
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Excellent listening and analytical skills
- Confident stakeholder engagement and management
- Proven crisis/issues management experience
- Experience working with employees in a manufacturing site/supply chain or other remote/virtual environment
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, capable of developing productive relationships with internal colleagues across the supply chain, the broader GSK organisation and externally
- Ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to work in, and lead teams, often highly matrixed around the company
- Ability to deliver and present high-quality communications strategies and plans
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyse complex problems with a high degree of analytical rigour
- Ability to identify and proactively mitigate potential issues, escalating where necessary and to respond decisively to rapidly evolving situations
- Ability to build trust, always operating with a high degree of integrity and discretion, in line with GSK Values
- Proactive, flexible and self-motivated - able to work both autonomously and in a team
- Resilient - able to adapt quickly and positively to change and to cope effectively with pressure and a demanding workload
- Cultural awareness and ability to work across different geographies
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.