Senior HR Business Consultant, Open to flexible working
Partnering a Service Line across the UK, ensuring the best people solutions delivered to meet the strategic imperatives of the business. Providing commercial people-related advice and guidance to leadership and management
Your key responsibilities
- Work with Service Line Leader and People Leader to make a meaningful contribution to the development and implementation of service line strategy which extends beyond the People professional discipline.
- Anticipate issues and needs within the Service Line (SL) and address these effectively.
- Evaluate requests and initiatives from the SL before deciding an appropriate response. Challenge and influence the business to ensure the most appropriate course of action.
- Source the ‘best fit’ People solutions, ensuring the highest quality and best value for money for the SL.
- Act as a coach to the SL Leadership in relation to leadership and the business performance of the SL.
- Provide insight on People issues within the SL, providing a robust point of view on business decisions and their impact upon people.
- Ensure that the SA strategic People imperatives are met within their service lines, e.g., talent management, performance management, leadership development.
- Act as an ‘agent for change’ within the SLs, ensuring that organisational design/development solutions drive business transformation and change.
- Ensure that all necessary People management and development activity required to support the business is delivered in the most professional and effective manner.
- Build and maintain influential relationships with business leaders and managers, working closely with them to co-develop solutions to meet their business needs.
- Establish effective relationships with members of the technical and enterprise wide L&D team and D&I team to ensure that centrally developed products and initiatives meet the requirements of the business and that SL needs are clearly communicated to those responsible for delivering them.
- Manage the day to day workload of the HRBC manager ensuring the quality of their delivery and identifying opportunities and support for personal development.
- Contribute to cross SL or Firm wide projects to support UK&I people agenda.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience of making a significant contribution to business decision making, strategic planning discussions and operational planning events.
- Proven ability to influence at senior levels in the organisation, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Resilient, practical and a self starter; comfortable with working on own and in teams.
- Demonstrates excellence in coaching and developing partners/directors/senior managers.
- Possesses leading edge knowledge of contemporary HR practices.
- Understands contemporary OD practice.
- Requires significant experience in an HR role.
- Ability to act as effective counsellor to colleagues.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A similar senior management role in HR with a particular focus on leading complex people change programs
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A professionally qualification. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Resource discipline is desirable
- The ability to travel to sites across the UK, this will be occasional travel not extensive
What we look for
- Resilience and the gravitas to be able to pick up challenging work and dealing with senior stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.