DevOps Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Senior DevOps Engineer who will be supporting a number of teams within Customer Data and will need to be viewed as an SME and trusted engineering partner. You'll also engage in various DevOps events within Lloyds where you'll share ideas / standard methodologies with DevOps Engineers that represent other areas. Interpersonal skills are therefore just as important as your technical experience.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
About the role:
This vacancy is for a Band EU (Senior) DevOps Engineer within the Customer Data group. The Customer Data group is a key IT group within Lloyds as it maintains the customer data for the whole of Lloyds bank Group. The systems within Customer Data are well-established and are typically Java / Linux or zOS, Mainframe. Whilst there is some adoption of Continuous Delivery using Jenkins and UrbanCode Deploy, there are numerous other DevOps opportunities that have not been explored to date.
The new focus areas for 2019 will therefore solutions include Environment (including Cloud) Provisioning, Containerisation and Service Virtualisation. There are also numerous opportunities to drive better development practices through the adoption of BDD etc.
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Senior DevOps Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll be joining Customer Data as it embarks on this exciting, new journey and will have the opportunity to bring your ideas and experience to help us shape that journey together.
- You'll gain exposure to a large number of technologies due to the diverse nature of the systems. This is therefore an excellent opportunity for someone who has excelled in the DevOps space and wants to challenge themselves in a large and diverse, banking environment. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
- You'll have good communication skills will play a key role as you discuss requirements with different partners
- You'll establish effective working relationships with other teams across IT, the Group and offshore partners with a focus on delivering business value through sound software engineering methods and principles.
- You'll be an evangelist for DevOps which is seen by Lloyds as being a key enabler and is at the heart of the engineering transformation taking place across the group. You'll bring fresh ideas to enable us to optimize the way in which deliver change to the business, whilst keeping it simple for the customer.
- You'll be expected to be familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban) and asset to the team using industry standard tooling (such as Jira).
- You'll be expected develop towards becoming a guide, a leader in your field, a go-to person with influence over tooling and quality control.
- You'll be aware of industry changes to DevOps practices and a keen participant of DevOps meetups (internal and external).
- You'll be an exemplar for LBG values and behaviours and be committed to ensuring LBG achieves its goal of being the 'best bank for customers'.
You'll need to have a strong technical background that covers:
- Cloud / Environment Provisioning: AWS / Azure etc
- Containerisation: Docker or similar
- Test Automation: Selenium or similar
- Continuous Integration: Managing Jenkins / TeamCity or similar
- Static Code Analysis: SonarQube or similar
- Software Configuration Mgmt: GitHub, PVCS, ClearCase or similar.
Ideally, you will also have extensive experience of at least two of the following technologies:
- Linux with Java.
- IBM Infosphere Master Data Management Server Collaborative Edition & Advanced Edition.
- Oracle databases.
- IBM zOS Mainframe
- IBM Websphere Application Server and MQ series
- Batch applications running under IBM TWS.
- Connect: Direct
- Hadoop or Teradata
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus between 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...