HR Business Partner – English & Exams (Part-time / 3 days per week)
Pay: Band 8 + Benefits
Contract Type: 1 year Fixed Term Contract (3 days per week / 21.5 hours)
Closing date: Sunday 21st July 2019, 23:59 UK Time.
Requirements: Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The English and Exams Strategic Business Unit (E&E) is one of three strategic business units in the British Council all of which have the remit to build trust for the people of the UK by building relationships through aspects of our language and culture. E&E achieves this by enabling people across the world to access the life-changing education and work opportunities that are created by learning English or gaining valuable UK qualifications
In English, we engage with English learners, teachers and policymakers worldwide. We operate direct (face to face) teaching through over 2,000 British Council employed teachers in 50 countries, and via self- access English learning products –publications, radio, TV, digital and mobile apps - which we design and market. The British Council operates in challenging and competitive environments both directly and with commercial and non-commercial partners.
Successful delivery will require pro-active engagement and alignment with Business Leads, HR functional leaders in the Centre of Expertise, and regionally-based HR colleagues
Reporting to the Director of HR E&E, this role will work with the Business Director English Learning and their Leadership team, to inform and support the delivery of the HR strategy for the global teaching business enable and support the achievement of the E&E business strategies and the corporate plan. Work with the Director of HR E&E, the Directors of HR in regions and the centres of expertise to ensure those strategies are effectively implemented.
The main opportunities and challenges in this role include:
- Delivering the teaching workstream from the EY report
- Managing talent and development in a changing landscape
- Partnering with the English Leadership team and ensuring the business agenda is met through the COEs.
What we require of the successful candidate:
- Consultancy skills
- Talent management in an expert environment
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Senior stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Commercial acumen and business understanding
- Coaching and facilitating
- Exceptional communication and engagement skills
- In depth knowledge of HR trends and practices
- HR experience in a commercial, matrix and international environment
- Building effective relationships with senior business leadership teams
- Managing, motivating and coaching a senior team of HR professionals
- Managing teams across cross cultural boundaries
- Managing a range of complex internal and external stakeholders
- CIPD Qualification preferred