Captain Morgan Global Marketing Manager - open to flexible working
Captain Morgan is one of Diageo’s 5 Global Priority Brands. Like the Captain’s boat this business is big, fast and fun.
The Captain of global marketing will need to manage and influence his/her crew (across different decks) to navigate all types of sea conditions. Different battles need to be won across different regions and countries while influencing other ships with their own captains starting in many different ports to navigate towards the same direction. A master of collaboration and the art of influence as well as exceptional functional content creation skills this Captain works in service of market needs and keeps it simple with big ideas brilliantly executed across many geographies.
The Captain of Global Marketing is a master of creativity and flair. You will be working for an extremely demanding, ambitious and entertaining boss – The Captain himself, Captain Morgan. Born in the seventeenth century and still going strong, in fact getting stronger each year.
You will lead the charge to make Captain Morgan an iconic global rock star of fun. Famous beyond ports, in the cities, towns and villages of the world when the Captain arrives we celebrate a life of fun. We do this rooted in local culture– Captain Morgan speaks many languages plays local games, enjoys local food (mostly). He does this always in a red coat, with a 3 pointed hat and ready with the signature Captain’s pose.
The Captain of Global Marketing is never satisfied. Is always pushing his/her crew to find the next wonder of the world.
The expectation is to deliver remarkable, award winning, effective content the markets cannot wait to run and most importantly raises a smile with our consumer – it is the Captain’s way.
Can you help? Can you translate our brand, consumer and market understanding into strong launch plans? You could have been a horticulturist: you have a track record of taking big ideas and turning them into massive scaled plans and then come back the next season to make them bigger and better.
To be our Captain of global marketing you need to answer yes to the following statements, then you shall pass:
- I build purposeful winning brands
- I use my brand performance analysis to identify, define and prioritise the highest potential market and brand growth opportunities.
- I coach the marketing teams on how to develop strategically sound and commercially competitive MBP plans.
- I possess Consumer or Customer Marketing experience on a multi-market brand
- I am Degree qualified with extensive FMCG experience in a matrix organisation
- I have a proven track record of ideas, marketing flair and judgement, execution, and analytics
- I am a qualified part time cat wrangler and enjoy working with talented, opinionated, smart people and getting them on the same page.
- I am a skilled cartographer – I can map my way to the gold to inspire others and drive followership.
- I am an adventurer – I am familiar, skilled and enjoy operating across cultures