Lendlease Returnship Programme
We’re looking for dedicated talented professionals, like you, who have taken a break from their career of two or more years and are now ready to return to work. We recognise that the transition back to work can be a challenge and this programme has been set to support you on this journey. Please note that experience in the built environment isn’t required for all roles.
Over this six-month paid placement, you will receive training to build your confidence in returning to work, you will complete projects and tasks that build on your current skillset and enhance your knowledge of the industry. You will be mentored and coached with an aim to securing a permanent position with us at the end of this placement.
About the roles
As a Project Manager within Lendlease Consulting, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of positive project outcomes on behalf of our clients. Responsibilities will include preparing detailed project plans and programmes; establishing and maintaining client and other project stakeholder relationships through effective communication lines; agreeing key responsibilities and managing the project team; and relevant reporting. You will take personal responsibility for the successful execution of small to medium sized projects, also leading the project team; on large projects, you may be responsible for specific project elements. All sector backgrounds considered
As a Planning Manager, you will manage the planning and monitoring of projects/project threads throughout all project stages. Working with the Operations team and other Planning team members, you will support/oversee the development of the most efficient project methodology and the execution of the timely delivery of a project. This will include identifying any rectification actions required and influencing the parties responsible to complete these actions. Built environment sector experience would be preferential.
As a Construction Manager, you will be responsible for all activities in the field of construction, such as the planning, supervision and monitoring of operations. You will be leading the site construction team in delivering the project safely and effectively for the client and whilst supporting the team’s development and learning. You will have construction / engineering experience, site management knowledge and strong interpersonal and organisational skills. Built environment sector experience required.
As a Design Manager, you will ensure that an effective and productive working relationship is established between the external design team, the construction and commercial teams and Statutory Authorities, whilst interfacing with the client team. You will direct the external design team ensuring the best design solutions are achieved, whilst maintaining the essence of the design concept throughout the project life cycle; you will address and resolve any safety, buildability, cost, programme issues through the pre-contract, construction and post-contract stages of the design process. Built environment sector experience would be preferential.
As a BIM Manager, you will ensure the timely and effective project delivery as per the agreed BIM strategy. You will liaise with the internal consulting/ development/ construction teams, primary design team, clients, Lendlease support functions, and the core Lendlease project team as well as the other BIM team members to deliver agreed BIM deliverables. Responsibilities may include developing project BIM protocols and procedures, supporting and overseeing other BIM team members including influencing the way they work and the data they produce and identifying and addressing any BIM related issues. All sector backgrounds considered
What you will get
- The opportunity to explore a return to work and discover what you want next from your career. Lendlease focuses on transferable skill sets as well as your expertise, interests and skills gained during your career break.
- The opportunity to learn more about Lendlease’s business, priorities and projects while progressively taking on more responsibilities when you’re ready. The programme is intended to bring your industry knowledge and skills back up to speed and to provide you with support back into the workplace.
- The environment to make a real impact, working on important project work with clearly defined objectives, measurable goals and the framework for regular feedback which aim to offer a variety of meaningful experiences across Lendlease.
- The programme starts with a comprehensive induction as well as training and shadowing opportunities to acclimate you back into the business environment.
- You will have a buddy to ensure that you can settle into your role in a quick and stress-free way. You will also have the support and guidance of our People and Culture team for additional training and development needs and a dedicated line manager.
- The possibility to broaden your professional network. In addition to your peers on the programme and your immediate team members you will be enabled to build powerful and supportive relationships throughout Lendlease, through a variety of networking events and speaker sessions.
- You've had a voluntary career break of 2+ years
- A track record of professional achievements gained within and outside the construction industry
- Part-time and flexible working can be considered, subject to a minimum commitment of a of 30 hours a week.
- You will be working on one of Lendlease’s flagship projects if you are site-based in a technical role or you will be in our Head Offices if the role is more functional. You will need to be within reasonable commuting distance to the location you are applying for and you should be flexible on travel for coaching and other workshops.
- You're available to attend an assessment centre in London on one of the following dates (20th, 21st or 22nd August 2019) to start the programme on 1st October 2019 and be available for the duration of the programme until March 2020.
- You will be competitively remunerated during the programme. Your participation in the returnship programme does not guarantee employment with Lendlease for any period of time, including after the conclusion of the programme.
- BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, it’s your experience, drive and transferable leadership skills that are important to us.
Please click the "apply" button below for more details and to make your application
Why work for Lendlease
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Our vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world. By combining our core principles of development, construction and investment across the property and infrastructure industry, we have been able to offer innovative integrated solutions for clients.
Our people are the greatest contributors to our success and underpin our ability to deliver our vision: to create the best places. This is why we are committed to a level playing field giving women, men and people with non-binary identities the same chance to succeed.
Lendlease has a positive legacy and has set world leading standards for safety, innovation and sustainability, delivered by people who are respected for who they are and what they do.