Pricing Modelling Analyst, Open to flexible working
Are you a forward thinker who is motivated by making a difference? Can you use innovative, analysis to develop value-adding business ideas? This is an exciting time for a Data Scientist to join the BGL Life Pricing Team!
As part of this excellent opportunity, you'll have the opportunity to develop and deliver new data science tools and techniques in Life Insurance. You'll work in an environment where creative and disruptive thinking is encouraged, to find that new analytical approach which will deliver an even more powerful outcome.
In this key role, you'll be responsible for developing new analytical approaches from concept, all the way to production. You'll also primarily support the Life Pricing function, and also focus on digital marketing, proposition and net rates.
Your analytical expertise and creativity will take our existing market-leading methodologies to the next level.
What Will It Take?
- You will have previous analytical experience and the ability to turn analytical solutions into actionable business propositions.
- You are ambitious, a forward thinker with a strong academic background, and with a graduate, or postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or another analytical subject.
- You are rigorous, quality-conscious, with a desire to apply new analytical approaches.
- You'll be confident and self-motivated with strong communication skills
- You will be proficient with a range of packages (e.g. R, SQL, Python, Excel or similar)
There will be no limits to your ability of using analytical techniques, pushing the boundaries and wanting to deliver exceptional commercial outcomes
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas - supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.