Transaction Services Executive - open to flexible working
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
We’re looking for a qualified accountant to join our Transaction Services team in Manchester.
What you’ll be doing:
- Your role will predominantly involve undertaking financial analysis to understand the performance and position of businesses, and carrying out investigations to understand the key commercial drivers and risks associated with these businesses. You will assume responsibility for report writing, preparing draft financial due diligence reports
- The delivery of your analysis and reporting necessitates regular dealings with management teams (typically the Finance Director, accounting team and CEO), clients, intermediaries and other stakeholders through a mixture of meetings, on-site fieldwork and office based review
- This role also typically involves coordinating with other departments such as Tax and internal quality and risk management and client take on teams. You will be required to understand what drives the different internal and external stakeholders and be able to manage each relationship appropriately
- Demonstrating curiosity about how companies work (what drives revenues and profits, what are the critical success factors) and maintain a healthy scepticism whilst remaining professional
- You'll contribute at initial meetings with management and other stakeholders and to demonstrate an awareness of the commercial implications of decisions taken or recommendations made during an engagement
- Demonstrate appropriate technical knowledge for TAS work and remain up to date on key technical issues affecting Advisory services and clients
- Build trust and establish credibility with clients by communicating in a timely and appropriate fashion
Who we're looking for:
- You will be technically strong with an advisory or audit background
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- You will have good report writing skills as it is critical to our work that business insights are conveyed concisely, accurately and in an easy to read manner
- You will have strong financial, commercial and analytical skills with an eye for detail as you will be expected to provide observations on the business which will be central to the deal advice we provide to our clients
- You will have experience working with clients and be confident and comfortable dealing with clients and a range of stakeholders
- You must be flexible and willing to travel to client sites (in the UK and occasionally overseas). In addition, flexibility is needed in working practices and hours due to the transaction-based nature of this work and tight reporting deadlines.
- You must be a qualified accountant with an ability to demonstrate excellent financial, commercial and analytical skills
Please click apply for further details and to make your application
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
· Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
· We create sustainable value for our clients
· We are better together
· Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
· We never compromise on quality