Test Architect, Business Quality Assurance /Test Team, Manager, Open to flexible working
Leader within the Business Quality Assurance (QA) & Testing Team who is critical to supporting the delivery of all test activities executed by the team. This involved maintaining:
- Owning test toolsets, their on-going maintenance and strategic fit within the team
- Ensuring test environments are aligned with our standards and Service Owners are working to manage these within this
- Lead and support direct team members
- Driving up innovation and automation practices across all team members
- Developing relationships with key teams across ITS
- Supporting adherence to our test framework and processes.
This role will be required to establish rapport and work closely with the ITS Operational Team members.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Test environments management
- Own and endorse the Test Standards and support adherence to these working closely with all teams that manage environments
- Review and upkeep our integrated test environments working closely with Service Owners
- Review and upkeep test data sets within all test environments; including use of data obfuscation tooling
- Develop & implement processes for managing the test environment in an operational estate
Test toolsets strategic fit & maintenance
- Oversee the test toolset direction and any selection processes
- Ensuring test toolsets are maintained i.e. the team are trained & fully understand the functionality; licenses managed, managing upgrades
- Oversee and maintain test data sets and ensuring that these are scrambled appropriately, access is managed, maintained within Test Standards
- Train up the wider ITS Business QA team members of testing processes and toolsets to ensure no single points of failure
- Manage test accounts and their maintenance
- Ensure that the team is kept appraised of future trends and directions and that these are trialed and being evaluated by the team. Our teams are divers and inclusive where we people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a Permanent opportunity.
.ULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
- Strong understanding of non-functional areas and enterprise architecture
- Solid experience of working in a QA, Solution Architecture or Testing roles
- ISTQB Foundation (or equivalent) certification level
- Strong ability to manage multiple work packages and activities
- Strategic direction setting and implementation
- Innovation and ability to continually review and improve
- Able to work independently and is proactive / keen for learning and to take on new work
- ITIL and/or project qualifications a bonus
- A curiosity about technology and about how things work
- A good understanding of current technology and architecture trends
- Awareness of different dimensions of solution architecture and how they interrelate, such as development, execution and operations architectures
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction .