Head of Legal, full time or part time considered
Head of Legal (with flexible working if required)
Kubrick is a three-year-old technology services business which is now firmly in scaleup mode. We have in a very short period of time, established ourselves as a highly specialist and trusted brand that helps some of the biggest organisations in the world leverage data to make an impact.
We have doubled our revenues in each of the last two years and are now c250 staff, highly profitable, investing heavily in the business and entering an accelerated period of growth. We have c60 clients, many of which are top tier financial services and retail businesses. Our rate of growth and the nature of our large clients increases our legal, compliance and contractual complexity and because of this, we are looking for a sharp, agile and organised In-House Legal Counsel to join our team to direct and drive the business forward.
This is an opportunity to work with a successful and differentiated company operating in the rapidly growing data space, to make a significant impact in leading our legal team and potentially helping guide the business through a transformative event over the coming years. If you have 3-5 years PQE and are looking for an exciting in-house role we would love to hear from you. Being an agile business, we are also able to offer very flexible working structures to the right candidate if that works for you.
In this role you will:
- Lead our client contracting, accurately and effectively drafting and negotiating master service agreement contracts, both on our own template and often on complex client template terms
- Be responsible for client experience during legal negotiations and client onboarding
- Own our legal risk framework and be responsible for our internal contract scoring process, which feeds into the company’s overall client scoring mechanism
- Run a contract re-negotiation project over approx. 12 months to ensure client contract compliance with the company’s risk framework
- Oversee and streamline the process of work orders which we receive from our clients produced by our contract manager
- Build a compliance strategy in line Kubrick’s growth plans
- Plan, initiate and oversee complete GDPR adaptation and compliance throughout the business
- Manage employment disputes.
- Manage Companies House returns
What we need from you:
- Great communication skills with the ability to present legal and commercial matters clearly
- Excellent relationship management skills
- The ability to influence and challenge where necessary
- Consistent delivery of high-quality work across a wide variety of projects
- Effective prioritisation
- The ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- An interest in the data industry is welcome but not necessary.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years PQE in either commercial or business law, ready for a new challenge to take on a more flexible, broader role in-house.
- Enterprising by nature and can hit the ground running on a wide range of work
- Someone who is comfortable drafting and negotiating complex contracts as well as dealing with in-house legal queries including employment law
- Ideally interested in or have experience with the GDPR.
We have had great success in offering very flexible working to help some of our employees to manage their work around their other commitments whist achieving a healthy work/life balance. Therefore, we would be equally happy to fill this role either on a full-time basis or in a flexible and/or part time structure. Please let us know what you are looking for at interview stage.
What you’ll get from us:
- A collaborative, supportive working environment
- To be part of an exciting team and story
- A strong sense of community
- Excellent working flexibility if required
- A competitive salary of £60-£80,000 dependent on experience and any part time structure agreed.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
Apply for Head of Legal, full time or part time considered
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly