Firewall Administrator, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
We currently have an opportunity to join a talented team dedicated to providing the necessary firewall protection to the organisations networks. As part of this team, you will be a key person for any Firewall support and project requirements, including implementation, design activities and embedding best in class solutions.
A little bit about us and the role
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to Help Britain Prosper.
We currently have an opportunity for someone to join a talented team, dedicated to providing the necessary check point firewall protection to the organisations networks. As part of this team, you will be key in the delivery for any Firewall support and project requirements, including implementation, design activities and embedding best in class solutions.
What will you be doing?
You'll share the responsibility of successfully protecting the 1 in 3 people who use our systems in the UK, as well as our 10 million active online banking users. You can expect much of your time to be split between support and project work, as we continually improve our offering to become the Best bank for Customers. In addition to your support responsibilities, you'll demonstrate an ability and willingness to engage with programmes and initiatives throughout the project lifecycle, delivering their requirements. You'll also being comfortable supporting major incidents where necessary, including having appropriate stakeholder management skills.
There will be a 24/7 shift pattern in place across the team, which is designed to provide the most robust level of defence to the services our customers rely on us to provide. Working alongside a senior team member, you will use your technical skills and problem solving ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise at any time.
Here's a flavour of your day-day responsibilities:
- Planning the implementation of complex changes
- Delivering changes of all sizes and complexities for our customers
- Monitoring the estate and working with colleagues across the team and the wider IT community to identify and close down service issues
- Delivery of infrastructure and service improvement plans, including gateway upgrades and new builds
What you'll bring to this role?
- CCSE/CCSA or qualified through experience with Checkpoint Firewalls
- A range of wider Cisco Networks skills and knowledge is desirable
- Ability to deliver into a multi-vendor, enterprise-level environment, working from being hands on with the devices, to planning larger changes and implementations.
- Finance Services knowledge/experience is desirable, with the knowledge of regulated environments
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot technical challenges
What will you get in return?
You'll also have our full support, training and opportunities for personal and professional development. The team will work a rotating 12hr shift pattern and in recognition of this a shift allowance will be paid.
You'll also benefit from a package that includes:
- A performance share bonus
- Car allowance
- Generous pension contribution
- Private health cover
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Share schemes
- 30 Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous out of hours and on call payments
- Discounted products and shopping
So if you have the background we're looking for and we sound like your ideal environment, then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you…