FS People Advisory Services - Employment Tax Advisor, Open to flexible working
EY’s FS People Advisory Services (PAS) team is an integrated practice of tax, reward and advisory professionals focused exclusively on the financial services market in EMEA and based in Bristol, Manchester, London, Frankfurt, Paris and Zurich.
A small but international team of 200 multidisciplinary professionals FS PAS is a strategically important region in EY’s integrated global People Advisory Services division which brings together over 10,000 practitioners from Tax and Advisory teams to deliver insight and innovation on people, organisational and compliance issues.
The opportunity is in the employment tax team based in London working closely with colleagues in the reward, mobility and workforce advisory teams in both London, throughout the FS PAS region and with PAS and other service lines of the firm globally.
As a leading global Professional Services Firm, EY understands the scale and complexity of how and where people work. PAS enhanced set of joint capabilities provides end-to-end solutions for an organisation’s most pertinent people related business challenges.
The Employment Tax team is looking grow and would like talented individuals with employment tax experience to join their team.
Whilst the core skill set of the team is in providing clients with traditional employment tax consulting and compliance services its close integration into the rest of FS PAS provides a unique opportunity to work on a variety of complex and challenging multi disciplinary projects. Such projects include short term business visitors (working closely with mobility professionals), contractor taxation (with consultants specialising in workforce advisory) and reward advisory (working with shares schemes and regulatory reward professionals).
Our clients are varied but all share a single feature: that they operate in some of the most dynamic sectors of the global economy namely Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Wealth and Asset Management. They range from large multinational banks, to global insurance companies to specialist asset managers all of whom demand highly specialist and responsive service from their advisors. They are developing their business models in an increasingly complex regulatory landscape, and that's why we need a diverse range of people with a truly global skill set to join us.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Assist in managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- A strategic and commercial awareness of wide business issues
- An enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- The ability to be a strong and motivated team player
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of working in employment tax, dealing with compliance issues and providing technical advice
- Any of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
What we look for
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of PAS for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.