Market Segment Manager, Open to flexible working
In this pivotal role, you will be part of the UK&I Business development team and responsible for reporting on a market and driving forwards the revenue of this by working closely with senior management.
The Market Segment Manager (MSM) will be dedicated to Market Segments (geographic or sector).
EY has ten market segments, with an MSM responsible for the management system of these business units each expected to achieve multi million pound revenues per year. The MSM works closely with the lead Partner (as a ‘trusted advisor’) for each of these segments (the Market Segment Leader), with the following main responsibilities:
You will report to the Market Enablement Leader, and ultimately the UKI BD Strategy and Implementation Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing Market Segment strategy with the Market Segment team. Collaborating with Marketing to drive the execution of Market Segment initiatives, campaigns, thought leadership and networks to key target clients which includes teaming with Service Lines and sectors on specific Service Line/sector initiatives and campaigns
- Developing and delivering strategies to enable robust account planning with account teams serving as a coach
- Facilitating account management sessions with account teams
- Developing and managing the service quality plan for selected accounts
- Driving action planning for “at risk” client account teams
- Delivering operations through analysis of pipeline to identify trends, gaps and drive business
- Leveraging the Marketing team for your sector
- Leveraging the knowledge team to provide market analysis and competitive intelligence
- Being the advisor around trends and issues across the market
- Strategic pursuits and opportunity management
- Coaching account teams on pursuit opportunities in the market where there is no assigned sales support
Skills and Attributes For Success:
- Previous experience driving sales and building a pipeline
- Background within professional services or a complex, global matrix environment
- Senior level stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Operational understanding and knowledge
- Commercial mind set
- Analytical skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Proactive/ self-starter
To Qualify or the Role You Must Have:
- Previous experience in business operations or sales operations – critical understanding of business KPIs – having held roles such as commercial manager, business operations manager, sales operations manager
- Proven experience within business development - sales, account management, bid support
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Professional services experience
What we look for:
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.
We are looking for a driven, organised, conscientious and analytical individual with proven leadership skills working with demanding and senior stakeholders.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.