SaaS Product Owner Team Lead, /Manager, Internal IT Services, Open to returners & flexible working
Deliver the best stakeholder experience in Business Application services.
Do you feel excited by taking on a challenge? Do you enjoy engaging stakeholders and building meaningful relationships? Do you thrive whilst taking ownership of Business Applications and determining the lifecycle of your portfolio?
Deloitte is going through a transformation and we need motivated, proactive individuals to drive us towards our vision for Application Service Management. This will be a multi-disciplinary role, spanning from Project Management, Product Ownership and Service Management.
This will be a demanding role, but don’t be afraid. You are going to have the opportunity to develop a whole set of technical and soft skills with practical experience and a supported Personal Development plan, allowing access to a range of Internal and External training opportunities where relevant.
This is a position for someone who feels comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders and to impact more than 22,000 practitioners across the United Kingdom and the Switzerland as well as the increasing opportunity to work on a global scale across the whole Deloitte organisation.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As Lead of a small team of Software as a Service Product Owners, you are the owner of a portfolio of applications and it is your duty to ensure your portfolio delivers value to the company. In order to achieve this you need to understand and know how to keep the system optimised, supporting Deloitte practitioners across the country and drive your portfolio to deliver perceived value to the business. In addition to this you will have line Management responsibilities for the other Product owners and will feed into the overall strategy within the wider team
This will be a challenging position and to succeed you need flexibility to communicate across different audiences as:
- D-Level senior management and technical teams
- Project oriented teams and Service Oriented teams
- Relationship based relationships and delivery based relationships
You will have access to the Deloitte infrastructure, through which you can tap on knowledge and expertise from numerous domains to drive innovation forward.
To make most of this opportunity, we are looking for evidence of strong grip on the following skills:
- Project Management – Understand what Project Management is, feel comfortable with the PM structure and controls, be able to manage small projects up to £30k.
- Product Ownership – Understand what Agile is, be able to structure work in an Agile form; its artefacts, product roadmap and map progress using Agile methodologies.
- Requirement gathering – To be able to listen to what your stakeholders want and to be able to work as SME for the 22,000 practitioners that utilizes your software. Translate their need into technical specifications, that meet the needs whilst championing standardization and minimizing development.
- Vendor relationships – In your journey you will be working with not only our internal Deloitte teams, but also with vendor teams so the ability to get he most out of anyone involved in your applications will be a key skill as will driving value for money from all suppliers
- Service Management – You are accountable for not only the products you support but also the IT service they provide to the firm. This means you need to have an awareness of KPIs, metrics, and understanding how and when to escalate issues when required.
- Team management – ensuring that the team output is optimized and workload is spread out and removing any Single Points of Failure
- Team Development - developing your team’s skills to stay on top of industry trends
In addition to the items listed above, any certifications in Prince2, Agile, and ITIL are beneficial.
What you can expect?
To overcome your challenges you can expect to perform the following activities (not limited to):
As part of the role you can expect to perform the following activities (not limited to):
- Ensure the All Supplier provide quality service, answering queries, supporting problem resolutions and escalating tickets for your portfolio
- Present back to leadership the KPIs related to your portfolio, including incident management and problem management metrics.
- Gather requirements for functional changes, liaising with the internal customers, suppliers and technical teams to make sure everyone is in the same page.
- Represent IT in the Change Board for your products.
- Manage small projects as ‘Business as Usual’, either with internal or external resources.
- Participate in roll out projects of new systems, ensuring the project delivers a product fit for operation.
- Ensure the support process around the products you manage.
- Participate in forums and seminars related to your products, building a relationship with both the supplier and the product community.
- Actively participate in internal improvement activities for your area.
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations around your products.
- Chair governance meetings and participate in Service Review meetings for your products.
- Discuss process improvement with ITIL process owners and other service managers.
- Create a product roadmap that engages the stakeholder community and drive value across the company.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Drive Continuous Professional Development for your team
- Work with your team to understand and support their career development
- Be accountable for the quality and timeframes your team deliver to
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We look for results - you decide how to achieve. Deloitte has aggressive targets in implementing Agile way of working. This means that how you work and when you work is directly agreed with you line manager. We are supportive of single parents and innovators in the back to work program.
The management is located in Milton Keynes where you are expected to be present on a regular basis every week. As the HQ is based in London you’re expected to have some trips (no more than once a week, no less than once a month) to London Office.
There are no expectations on International travel for this role. This is a full time position 7.5 hours a day and expected to be available from 9:00 up to 17:00 with some flexibility
Your professional experience
- Proven team lead experience
- Technical Project Management exposure (small projects)
- Solid understanding of software project lifecycles
- Agile Exposure
- Experience of business analysis
- Experience of managing Cloud based applications
- Experience of vendor management
- Strong at building effective relationships
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and willing to take ownership
- Analytical, logical, thorough and methodical
- Troubleshooting / Problem management skills
- Excellent interpersonal manner, communication skills & customer focused
- Ability to translate key complex technical issues into common business language
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- ITIL Foundation certification
- BA / BSc in Business Studies or similar
- Can do attitude
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction