Digital Brand Manager, Open to flexible working
ViiV Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a talented Digital Brand Manager to join us! As a member of the Global Multichannel (MCE) Community, you will lead an excellent implementation of a fully integrated multi-channel communication strategy across all UK functions and needs a digital "native" person who is leading the organisation through her/his engagement, passion for digital marketing, persuasiveness and experience towards an industry leading multi-channel communication.
You will play a vital role in taking UK customer and commercial objectives and tactics and getting those realised within the market in an optimised fashion. You will coordinate and drive the digital team in the LOC to partner with the commercial teams to implement these aligned tactics and provides processes and resources needed to effectively measure and evaluate these for success. This then generates the necessary insight back to the commercial teams as well as LOC leadership in order to further optimize the customer experience.
You will also ensure that the tactics defined adhere to the expectations of the local customer through an effective application of a digital strategy within the LOC that reflects the unique needs of its customers across the UK.
- Engage and inspire the wider ViiV UK team on the role of digital and the journey required as a collective team to move towards a developed digital status in line with the global digital maturity framework and engagement strategies
- Ensure effective communication of multichannel programs to key stakeholders both internal and external, pulling different functions together to push projects along
- Drives a step change in marketing, sales and medical capability, converting the organisation from traditional approaches to an integrated multi-channel way of thinking and a unified way of working.
- Lead the marketing strategy for non-core brands (e.g. our first 2DR, Juluca)
- Communicate and partner with the other LOC Digital Leads, and the Global Multichannel Excellence teams to leverage the right digital programs for the LOC to support customer and brand objectives and ensure the solutions are continuously evaluated in terms of delivering business results
- Sets the multi-channel marketing plan and acts as an internal consultant to ensure that ViiV UK's multichannel strategy and tactics are aligned with the vision for the business
- Proactively develop and drive customer focused (HCP and for people living with HIV) integrated multi-channel brand content plans ensuring that multichannel standards and customer insight are woven into the ViiV UK business plans
- Identify innovative ways to ensure our customers experience in engaging with ViiV to drive increases in quality and depth of engagement, exceeding expectations.
- Leverage owned, paid and earned channels in plans, as well as seeking opportunities to expand as appropriate to engage new, relevant audiences.
- Ensure plans are accompanied by robust multichannel content measurement and KPIs, providing the ability to make data-driven decisions that generate more value to our customers and the business.
- Execution of core campaign assets (including above brand initiatives) in our owned, paid and earned channels that are aligned to the business and customer plans
- Working closely with the brand team to deliver the right content on time, and in the right channel (i.e. ViiV exchange, LivLife, 1:1 emails, mass emails, webinars, etc..)
- Ensure channel optimisation is in place to guide commercial teams on how best to distribute the right content in the most effective channels
- Develop customer journeys and personas in order to develop multichannel plans that result in increased engagement and conversion rates
- Integration, localisation and embedding of channel standards, content mgt, and data gathering and analytical tools for optimisation
- Formulate and deliver clear customer engagement and channel improvement plans aligned to the strategic objectives of the organisation and customer needs
- Proactively identifies, acquires and distributes multichannel customer insight & market intelligence from multiple sources (internal & external) to inform the most effective multichannel mix/channel plans.
- Understand the digital landscape within the UK HIV environment including competitors and key customer groups, in order to define a clear engagement strategy that effectively improves ViiV's share of voice.
- Interpretation of customer insights in order to develop more tailored engagements and services
- Effectively communicates these insights and any gaps to the team and maintains these insights with regular updates and challenges the team accordingly.
Values and Governance
- Execute all duties with honesty, integrity, transparency and with compliance to all relevant internal and external codes of conduct and business practices of ViiV Healthcare
- Leverages central ViiV digital services (i.e. asset and content production) to execute engagement activities according to company standards, but is always looking to optimize by working with central teams to incorporate changes necessary to increase efficiency and impact.
- Adheres to governance policies and ensure alignment with legal, regulatory and medical requirements globally. Develop guidance/SOPs, with support of compliance officer, where necessary to better enable and align channel engagement strategies.
- Track performance of locally implemented multi-channel elements through defining and monitoring suitable KPIs aligning to the core global metrics, actioning of optimisation measures in collaboration with a cross functional team, specifically for non-core brands.
- Understands and interprets multichannel performance metrics across multiple channels (individually and cumulatively) and is able to define targets and dig deeper to understand the root causes of performance to drive optimisation.
- Works with UK Business Partner to integrate multi-channel metrics into UK Performance Dashboard and individual my Plans.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date for applications: COB - 25th of July 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity
- University degree in Science and/or degree in Business, Marketing, IT, etc
- Demonstrated multi-channel digital marketing leadership experience across a large organization, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Marketing and/or IT processes, and the goals and challenges of these organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence (without authority) leadership as well as other strategic partners to create and drive strategic and operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage complex projects, programs and services with a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including interpersonal skills, research, communications (esp. listening), demonstrated influence, and the ability to have crucial and difficult conversations.
- Experience leveraging standard processes and solutions to deliver maximum value.
- Experience translating complex, ambiguous concepts into actionable plans.
- Experience in influencing teams in and across multiple functional areas as well as geographies.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remotely-located (virtual) teams/groups.
- Experience of business/financial accountability for large complex areas/projects or portfolios.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation interest, especially with digital channels.
- History of effective team work.
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
ViiV Healthcare is at an exciting time, with significant growth driven by launches over these past few years, and a promising HIV pipeline. As our customer's needs evolve, we are committed to digital forming a core part of the way we engage with our stakeholders. ViiV UK has made strides in improving our multi-channel marketing (MCM) capabilities, leveraging digital channels and content to create better experiences for our customers. There has been significant progress in integrating digital into our ways of working, however there is now a significant opportunity to ensure that these digital 'brilliant basics' are fully embedded into the organisation, optimising the use of various channels as well as delivering other innovative communication strategies to help drive the business.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.