Director, Global Health Outcomes (Cabotegravir), ViiV, Open to flexible working
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company that is committed to delivering innovative new options for the care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS. ViiV is 100% dedicated to HIV medicines and research, and completely focused on people affected by HIV/AIDS. As part of the Chief Scientific and Medical Office (CSMO), the Global Health Outcomes (GHO) team is key in furthering the CSMO vision: Dedicated to delivering innovative HIV medicines, leaving no patients behind.
ViiV GHO is seeking a Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Director to lead on activities supporting the current and growing HIV portfolio - an opportunity to apply your specialized HEOR expertise in HIV drug development, reimbursement and market access. GHO drives the demonstration of value for ViiV medicines, optimising patient benefit and access, with a growing focus on Real World Evidence (RWE) and Patient Centred Outcomes (PCOs).
The current and developing ViiV portfolio requires significant HEOR input both for market access/reimbursement for current and future launches, as well as evidence generation for lifecycle management. The current role will provide HEOR leadership for Dovato (dolutegravir/lamivudine), the first ever two-drug regimen (2DR) indicated for treatment naïve patients, which is currently launching. The dolutegravir (DTG) portfolio also includes Juluca, Triumeq and Tivicay.
In addition to DTG, the portfolio includes cabotegravir/rilpivirine which will be the first long-acting HIV regimen, with the potential to free patients from the daily burden of HIV therapy. Longer term, the portfolio focuses on novel modes of action, such as fostemsavir (the first attachment inhibitor) for heavily treatment experienced patients, and other investigational agents in new classes.
- The role is accountable for supporting the global strategy and delivery of value evidence for HIV assets/medicines.
- Lead, manage, and implement key evidence generation strategies to support Dovato including real world evidence (RWE), health economics, patient reported outcomes (PROs), burden/cost of illness studies. There will be the opportunity to work on other ViiV assets as appropriate, These assets include (but not limited to) the dolutegravir-based regimens (, Juluca, Tivicay, Triumeq).
- Support HTA submissions in key ViiV markets for upcoming launch assets through advice on launch deliverables and supporting country-specific adaptations to local operating companies.
- Support uptake of new launches and price negotiations for DTG based products for inline brands with evidence generation/adaptation, communication of global evidence and LOC support for reimbursement submissions.
- Support launch activities in the LOCs and Regions (Europe and International) ensuring global launch deliverables reflect the needs of the specific markets.
- Ensure integration of strategy and health outcomes studies/data to support internal decision-making during product development, commercialisation and life cycle management.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- GHO input into the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) through key interactions with the Integrated Evidence Team (IET).
- GHO projects supporting the IEP, bringing required technical knowledge and ensuring high quality of deliverables.
- Specific sub-teams, projects, or external collaborations involved in value evidence generation, including functions such as health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs.
- Transparency of Regional/local evidence generation activities to the IET.
- External collaborations and scientific evidence requirements with reimbursement bodies and decision makers (e.g. formal scientific advice).
- Working closely with many stakeholders including Global and Regional Medical and Commercial Leads and team members, Market Access, Medicine Development teams, Physician Leads, Epidemiology/RWE, Patient Centred Outcomes, Clinical Scientists etc. Areas for partnership will include:
- Clinical trial design in alignment with stakeholder insights and the IEP.
- Working with LOC colleagues to ensure local evidence generation needs are met in line with the medicine strategy.
- Working with commercial, market access, patient-aligned roles and other colleagues to gain insights into evidence generation requirements.
- The HEOR specific activities as defined in the IEP (economic modelling, RWE projects, indirect comparisons, PRO studies, etc) ensuring the scientific robustness of the study protocol, study execution, analyses, and reporting. This will frequently be in collaboration with CROs.
- Ensure payer insights are captured globally and ensure they are effectively prioritised in evidence generation.
- GHO input to regulatory documents with accuracy and scientific integrity.
- Support country-specific adaptations of global deliverables and country reimbursement strategies across ViiV portfolio, providing input to training sessions with local country teams.
- Impactful publications and downstream activities, including supporting the medical and commercial teams with communication materials and training to ensure optimal dissemination of the evidence.
- Compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
- Accountable for tracking and managing budgets within the scope of the role.
If you have the necessary skills and experience to take up this exciting new position, we would love to hear from you- please apply no later than COB 26th July 2019.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Masters degree or higher in health outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
- Significant experience in health outcomes or an aligned discipline/function.
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes drug development and/or and launch experience in support of value evidence generation.
- Leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Self-motivated ownership and accountability for projects, to move them forward, and deliver with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical knowledge in key areas including economic modelling and observational studies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking strategically and tactically.
- Role requires credibility and personal authority, to bring a depth and breadth of experience to address external environmental challenges and develop evidence generation strategies that will meet decision makers' needs.
- Doctorate level (e.g. PhD, Pharm D) or higher-level degree with commensurate industry and business qualification.
- Experience in HIV/Infectious Diseases desirable but not mandatory.
- Global R&D and/or LOC experience.
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company, 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines and improving access to care for people living with HIV. Our dedicated team consists of over 700 employees, in 15 different countries, headquartered in Brentford, London UK with US Headquarters in the Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. We work with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, individuals, academic institutions and not-for-profit organisations to respond to the HIV epidemic and we are committed to addressing access to medicine challenges by taking an innovative, responsible and sustainable approach.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.