Corporate Finance & Strategy, Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Schroders Personal Wealth is a new business serving wealth planning needs for Mass Affluent and Affluent clients. It is jointly owned by Lloyds Banking Group and Schroder Plc, bringing together the inherent strengths across both organisations to deliver on a bold medium term ambition to become a top 3 wealth planning firm in the UK.
Schroders Personal Wealth is scheduled to commence trading in June 2019 (subject to regulatory approvals).
Provide strategic intelligence to assist the development of the SPW’s organic and inorganic strategy e.g. market and competitor research. Support the CFO and the senior management team in the research and execution of major strategic projects, assisting in recommending the medium and longer-term strategic direction.
Corporate Finance & Strategy, Assistant Manager
Schroders Personal Wealth (SPW) is a new business serving wealth planning needs for Mass Affluent and Affluent clients. It is jointly owned by Lloyds Banking Group and Schroder Plc, bringing together the inherent strengths across both organisations to deliver on a bold medium term ambition to become a top 3 wealth planning firm in the UK.
Now there an exciting opportunity available to be part of this venture and provide strategic intelligence to assist the development of the SPW's organic and inorganic strategy e.g. Market and competitor research. As the successful role holder you'll support the CFO and the senior management team in the research and execution of major strategic projects, assisting in recommending the medium and longer-term strategic direction.
What you'll be doing…
- Support CFO, senior management and other internal functions and external advisors in order to assist the execution of transactions and strategic project.
- Manage the day to day elements of transaction and project execution.
- Ensure execution is to an excellent standard, alerting senior management to key issues, escalating up as appropriate.
- Deliver high quality outputs (e.g. CEO ready slides) demonstrating an ability to deliver clear messages which communicate strategy to the highest level in the organisation.
- Prepare and maintain a robust fact base of relevant data, including market economics, competitor positioning and the regulatory landscape for all key markets. Convert data into insightful commentary that can inform strategic thinking.
- Develop and maintain complex valuation models of potential acquisitions, mergers and disposals in order to facilitate transaction decisions.
- Undertake analysis of information and responses to enquiries in order to provide clarity on transactions and major projects to senior executives.
- Understand the competitive positioning of the businesses in the current portfolio. Assess whether the mix is appropriate, e.g. maximising Group synergies. Make recommendations for change as appropriate
- Support the CFO and senior management in evaluating the quality of business strategy development, identifying areas which require support and challenge as appropriate
- Develop and maintain a network of internal and, where appropriate, external contacts in order to facilitate the dissemination of useful information
- Contribute to ad-hoc publications and responsibility for departmental initiatives including the continual review of current processes and procedures making recommendations to improve the M&A policy and project effectiveness where appropriate.
What you'll need…
- Strategic intelligence and previous experience in strategic projects
- Experience in building financial models and valuing businesses, including skills in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate
- Excellent financial and analytical skills. Ability to interpret and evaluate financial statements, operating records, and other information to provide recommendations
- Ability to deliver research into companies, markets and deal history
- Proven ability to build strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail
What we'll give you…
- Flexible benefits package
- Private Medical cover
- Generous Holiday allowance
Do you want to work for one of the UK's largest Financial Services organisations? Being a part of the Group offers you the opportunity for progression and development so this can be a platform from which to showcase your talent and aspiration for the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Did you know we've won awards? We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
Does this sounds like a role that you'd like to know more about? Get in touch and let's have a conversation.