Software Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Works with stakeholders to advocate engineering and deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Supports the engineering community by providing deep domain and technical expertise and providing a voice to engineers to identify and support the resolution of issues. Ensures technical debt and releases are prioritised accordingly. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers
Joining us as a Software Engineer/Developer you'll play a key role in shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a solid focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Lending is the anchor to many of Lloyds Banking Group's business and commercial relationships, and is a key driver of the Group's strategic objective to 'Help Britain Prosper. Within Group Transformation, Commercial Lending, where this role sits, has an ongoing role in transforming commercial lending for British businesses, and to help our clients prosper.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review backlogs across different teams and identify and manage comfits in early stages of analysis and design.
- Attend workshops conducted by different streams to get the thorough understanding of the process to assess the right technology available to deliver.
- Work with teams to constantly improve throughput by challenging current processes and implement solutions working across the labs
- Work on various enhancements to reduce technical debts, CI/CD pipeline and release process to reduce time to market and cost per release cycle.
- Act as a Chief SME who is a single point of contact across commercial banking for Pega implementation.
- Work across LBG to share and adapt good practices in Pega and involve in Chapters and guilds to shape the future of Pega in LBG
- Help to shape the domain based architecture by providing input by identifying the new capabilities of the Pega
- Actively involved in run team activities and help them to resolve production issues.
- As part of this job willingness to travel to gather requirements from end users/ interact with the different teams who is not part of the internal teams to understand their needs and provide architectural solutions that would benefit the bank.
- Be a mentor and train peers to attain good Pega knowledge.
What we need from you
- Over all software and system development experience of 8+ years, with demonstrable strength in Pega (7+ years) and agile methodology.
- Must be Pega Certified Lead System Architect preferably v7 with 3+ year experience in handling a project as an Lead Architect with wider BPM architectural knowledge and engineering insights, with working knowledge on connectors, services, data pages, all declarative rules, agents, security rules, Reporting, customized UI components etc
- Hands on and leading Upgrade Projects across different versions Major to Minor level upgrades, leveraging with new features and capabilities long with stakeholder engagement.
- Must be Hands on and actively involved in the project lifecycle from inception to delivery - day to day activities such as analysis, design, development so on.
- Excellent financial services and banking process knowledge specifically in the Commercial Banking market with in depth understanding of Credit/Lending technology and processes.
- Thorough understanding of Cloud services, Microservices, Jenkins, urban code deployments, CI/CD pipeline, Enterprise Architecture
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills ability to communicate and engage with non-technical stakeholders
- Good history of working with stakeholders to understand end to end requirements and providing scalable architectural solutions.
- Very Deep understanding of various customer journeys in Commercial Lending to drive solutions across different teams by providing guidance
- Experience in brining alignment across various teams in Pega to set best utilise the technology and standards to avoid siloes.
- Experienced in leading multiple teams working together to deliver end to end solutions
- Good understanding of the other infra structural components like application server, databases, load balancers etc.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Salary range £81, 000 to £91,000 (Not the £70,950 - £141,900 quoted above)
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
- Discretionary bonus up to 40% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
As part of the Group's commitments as a result of ring-fencing legislation, colleagues based in the Islands and Gibraltar are required to be exclusively dedicated to the non-ring-fenced bank and its subsidiaries. This means that colleagues who are based in the Islands or Gibraltar would not be able to undertake roles for the Ring Fenced Bank from their existing location and would need to consider relocation when applying for roles.