DevOps Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
As a DevOps Engineer in our Centre of Excellence you’ll support Labs to transform their ways of working to incorporate new technologies, tools and processes in order to deliver real-world benefits safely, but at pace. You’ll be interested in future tech and trends and look for opportunities to bring these into the lab and keep the digital stack moving forwards.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. Our Financial Planning & Retirement Value Stream has ambitious plans to significantly grow our software engineering teams this year and into 2019 & 2020.
Together, were focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us. Supporting and guiding the Labs is the Centre of Excellence - a cross-functional team of highly-skilled engineers focusing on delivering core competencies and tools into the Lab feature teams.
About the role:
As a DevOps Engineer in our Centre of Excellence you'll support Labs to transform their ways of working to incorporate new technologies, tools and processes in order to deliver real-world benefits safely, but at pace. You'll be interested in future tech and trends and look for opportunities to bring these into the lab and keep the digital stack moving forwards.
You'll work at a senior level on our latest Scottish Widows digital estate, plus integration to our Digital Banking platform enabling us to:
- Help drive the overarching Engineering strategy
- Encourage and promote Labs working together, creating efficiencies and allowing our teams to collaborate even more effectively
Your decisions on how are we going to build the right toolset, to progress us down our journey of digital transformation, will positively impact our clients, teams and general engineering culture in the UK's largest Digital Bank, by creating experiences for our customers across our web, mobile and tablet applications.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
- Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability and security across our Feature Teams and Labs;
- Passionately work towards automation and elimination of repetitive tasks, bringing your experience in modern tools to help support development teams deliver more effectively;
- Help implement a CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development lifecycle as well as the continual evolution of multi-functional collaboration, associated best practices, tooling and standards;
- Work closely with Quality Engineering team to help develop test cases, whilst ensuring the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested;
- Ensure the right level of visibility on environment health by exposing the required metrics whilst helping to drive infrastructure automation to our goals for IaaS;
- Operate a scalable, highly-available infrastructure suite through the use of configuration management tools and repositories;
- Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and operational/support procedures;
- Help the Run teams embrace the new ways of working, using toolsets and monitoring / dashboard facilities, so they know where their estate is at all times - Closing the DevOps loop;
What we need from you:
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis ability across technologies, predominantly Java, Node JS and .NET on WebSphere / Liberty on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Server;
- An ever-developing knowledge of and interest in technology, particularly cutting-edge DevOps and infrastructure advances, including but not limited to:
- Security / DevSecOps / firewalls
- DDoS devices, eg KONA
- UrbanCode or other deployment and orchestration tools
- Docker / Ansible / Chef / Kubernetes experience
- Cloud infrastructure provisioning and management;
- MicroService / API Architectures
- TFS, GIT & GIT Hub or similar distributed repository tools
- Tool/framework-agnostic mind-set, but with a focus on best tool for job bearing in mind risk and security;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of using Jenkins with a good understanding of groovy or declarative pipeline scripting;
- Strong knowledge of Database design principles;
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional boundaries;
- Able to assist in high-profile problem analysis, determination and resolution.
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...