Finance Executive – EMEIA FSO, Open to flexible working
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the FSO UK Finance team for a Finance Executive. This role will assist in financial controlling within the centre working closely with the Financial Controller. Besides the financial controller this role will also interact with the wider Finance team, Service Line Operations team and help to develop a strong culture of financial awareness, commerciality and accountability. You will develop robust processes and implement and communicate these effectively; act as a role model within the team for more junior members and help to provide ownership and day to day responsibility of key tasks.
The role will require the individual to provide financial information, produce monthly accounts, annual budgets and forecasts while ensuring compliance with firm and business procedures and policies. A key part of the role will be presenting this information and analysis to the end user, highlighting variances and actions accordingly.
This role is in a fast changing evolving environment with a number of changes taking place to the team’s processes and systems as the firm undertakes a Global Finance Transformation Programme. Therefore the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and have the ability to deal with change on an on-going basis.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Reporting on weekly and monthly business trading, highlighting trends and business performance issues to Service Line leadership.
- Monitor and oversee a number key processes, including; GDS reconciliations and balance sheet accruals.
- Support financial planning and budgeting processes including financial plan, forecasts, month end and year end closes.
- Ensure the month – end accounting process is carried out accurately and efficiently within a tight schedule. Reviewing variances to plan and prior year.
- Help to ensure processes are adhered to and becoming an expert and SME in controlling and reporting processes.
- Be a key contact for all finance related queries
- Ensure the Finance teams processes are as efficient as possible whilst
- Ensure procedures for accounts payable are adhered to and invoices are
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as appropriate
- Build a network of contacts within the business and the wider Finance team
- Support the roll out of new initiatives, systems and processes
- Act as a role model, especially for the Finance Associates in the team
- Provide assistance to other Service Lines in Finance when you have capacity and cover when they are out of the office
- Be proactive in raising the profile of the Finance Executive role in the business
- Be proactive in continuing own professional development
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Highly organised and structured in approach to work
- Experience of working with, helping to administer, tight processes
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good team player with proven ability to build strong relationships with key individuals in the business
- Proactive, organised and self-sufficient working style with ability to prioritise and multitask
- Customer focused and responsive with good commercial acumen / judgement
- Professional, confident, credible communicator, including the ability to connect with a group eg giving a training session, presenting to a large meeting
- Robust, resilient, calm under pressure
To Qualify for the Role You must Have:
- Part qualification in CIMA or ACCA
- Strong computer skills (advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Essbase, Outlook) with the ability to learn the firm’s systems and other data mining tools
- Receptive to change and flexible approach
Ideally You’ll also Have:
- Either have a finance related degree, be studying for an accountancy qualification or experience working for a professional service or consultancy environment
- Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
- Have the ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
What We Look for:
You will be an experienced, trusted advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy with financial information, reporting and forecasting.
What Working at EY Offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.