Local Delivery Lead (LDL), Open to flexible working
At GSK, we have an exciting opportunity to join as a Local Delivery Lead (LDL)! This is the lead role for within-country operational feasibility, planning and delivery of Phase I-IV clinical trials and epidemiological and Health Outcome studies in the UK. You will be accountable for within-country execution and delivery of assigned studies to time, budget and quality expectations as defined in the clinical development plan and study protocol as well as in local regulations, IND/GCP/ICH-guidelines, GSK Corporate, Vaccines, and local SOPS and policies.
In all geographies, it is recognised that the LDL is part of the local GSK community and collaborates closely with local medical staff (who are responsible for local medical and scientific elements of the study) as well as with Clinical Research Associates (CRA)/monitors and other in-country staff.
Watch Richard Parker, the hiring manager, talk about this opportunity:
- Matrix leadership and project management of country and site-level activities including site management & monitoring activities within the UK
- Budget management activities
- Serve as the operational point-of-contact between the central Study Delivery Lead and in-country operational staff aligned to study
- Coordinate and manage indirectly all local clinical operation functions, other cross-functional experts, and external clinical investigational staff involved in the preparation and delivery of the study(ies)
- Act as role model in line with GSK Vaccines core values and behaviours
- Co-visit the investigational sites in the UK
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date for applications: COB - 30th of July 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- University Scientific Degree in a relevant field
- Previous Clinical Operations experience with proven experience of in-country study management or equivalent
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of clinical research and clinical trial management,
- and the associated regulatory, processes and quality requirements
- Strong knowledge / Experience in project management
- Excellent leadership skills, promoting motivation and empowerment of others to
- accomplish individual, team and organisational objectives
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the clinical study, drug development, sample
- management and other associated process and quality requirements
- Able to lead and work within teams and networks across functional and geographical
- boundaries; leads by example and promotes collaboration, effective communication and
- leadership in others
- Able to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets in a local environment
- Operational expertise in risk management and contingency planning
- Deep knowledge of local regulations, IND/GCP/ICH-guidelines
- Possesses good English language written and verbal communication skills in addition to proven negotiation skills.
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Experience of working with vaccines - desirable but not essential
- Deep knowledge of GSK SOP/POL/guidelines
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.