People Team Advisor - part time 25 - 32 hours per week
Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of almost 550, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Flexible working/ Part time hours will be considered for this role.
Looking to challenge your HR skills? To help build meaningful and impactful people policies? You’ve come to the right place. The people who work at Abel & Cole are most important factor to our success and we are committed to maintaining this as a great, fun place to work. In this role you will be providing HR advice and assistance on a range of different HR topics to ensure that people matters remain high on the agenda. You will also work on projects to make Abel & Cole an even better place to work. We will, of course, offer you training and support to help you develop in your role alongside a host of benefits such as one of our delicious boxes free every week– just another little thing we do! If you are looking for something new then read on to find out more: It is an excellent opportunity to join the People team at an exciting time.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Generally act as first point of contact for all employee People/HR queries.
- Assist with writing and updating People policies/procedures and then advising line managers on how to apply the policies practically.
- Provide employment law advice to managers on employee relation issues.
- Advise on sickness absence issues, including liaising with Occupational Health/GP’s.
- Ensure all new starter and leaver processes are completed in a timely and effective manner, including organising and facilitating inductions and exit interviews for leavers.
- Advise and provide support for line managers in producing documentation, including offer letters, contracts of employment, internal offer letters and change to terms of employment letters.
- Advise on and provide support to line managers with disciplinaries, grievances and appeals.
- Manage the maintenance and development of our HR database, iTrent.
- Run, maintain and develop People/HR reports to provide meaningful data to the business on our people.
- Support training across the company, including facilitating workshops, scheduling and organising training and development activities.
- Provide support on recruitment activities across the business, ensuring best practice, including support with screening applicants, attending interviews and advising on selection tools.
- Ensure all personnel files are kept up to date, organised and held securely complying with GDPR guidelines.
- Provide assistance to the Head of People and work collaboratively with other members of the People team.
- Support and contribute to the People strategy and people priorities.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You will have proven HR generalist experience.
- Ideally working towards or CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- Good understanding of employment law.
- Great organisational skills and experience of managing own workload to meet deadlines, using initiative where required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with people.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and with other departments.
- Competent at using Microsoft office packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience of using an HR database desirable.
- Willingness to muck in where necessary.
What we offer
- 30 days holidays per annum (including bank holidays).
- Free organic fruit and veg box every week.
- Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
- Opportunity to participate in the company’s bike and childcare voucher schemes.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Season ticket loans for public transport.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for the benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination - a place where everyone is treated respectfully.
To apply and find out more click on the apply button below