Head of Business Development (Maternity Cover) - Full time open to Flexibility
2 days left
- Contract Type
Head of Business Development (Maternity Cover) - Temporary (9 months maternity cover with the potential to extend to 12 months)
Full-time (Flexible working hours for the right candidate)
Established in 2002, re-wrap is a dynamic social enterprise with a foot in the UK and one in India. Our purpose is to create organic, hand crafted textile products that will have the most positive impact on people and the environment. We are mission led. As a social enterprise we are passionate about business as a force for good.
The Head of Business Development’s role is to lead the proactive growth of the business. This role owns the sales and new business strategy, creating the framework of how to deliver the growth targets. The Head of Business Development takes an active role in development leads but also managing those relationships once they become clients. The role exists to grow business to deliver sustainable livelihoods for cotton farmers and our artisans in India.
- Create and maintain the sales strategy as a framework for delivering the growth targets for the business. The sales strategy focuses on sectors, market territories and product development to break-down sales growth. The sales strategy has strategies for how to fill capacity for the historically slower production months. The sales strategy develops monthly and quarterly targets.
- Collaborate with the Head of Operations to develop and manage a pipeline and capacity review tool that works for the UK team and Sanmaan in order to establish sales forecasting and production planning.
- Account management of existing client accounts, seeing product through from initial enquiry to delivery and invoicing of goods
- Create and lead new product development to open up new opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Lead relationships with key clients. The Head of Business Development will be responsible for quickly creating effective relationships with the client buying teams and to plan effectively for their orders and seasonal peaks.
- Taking a hands-on role with managing orders and sample development in order to know the system and to advocate areas of improvement. Production experience would be beneficial to this role.
- Line management responsibilities for sales team and interns. Managing performance, work-load, workplans, expectations and outputs. Lead by example to motivate sales activity in the team to a high performance.
- As an active team member, take a role in ensuring an effective relationship with the production team in India. This requires understanding of the context of international business and how to work across cross-cultural borders.
- Develop strategies, tactics and evaluation mechanisms to establish re-wrap as the premier retailer of sustainable cotton products. This could include events, trade shows, partnerships or media opportunities.
- Give team members support to build confidence in selling re-wrap, including pitches and cold lead development.
- Play an active role in developing a positive and productive work culture at re-wrap.
- As a small and ambitious business, prioritising your work and that of others (where appropriate), plays a key role in ensuring we maximise our limited resources.
- Occasional travel within UK and Europe to sales meetings and possible travel to India is to be agreed as part of strategic planning.
- Develop a competitive review as part of the strategic review process to articulate re-wraps points of difference and selling propositions.
- Prepare forecasts, strategic overviews and analysis for the board in conjunction with the UK Director.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter stating salary expectations.
Apply for Head of Business Development (Maternity Cover) - Full time open to Flexibility
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly