QA Test Analyst - Business Quality Assurance Team, Open to returners & flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
QA Test Analyst - Business Quality Assurance Team, Internal Services
Working within the Business Quality Assurance Team within ITS to carry out functional and integration test scripting and execution activities to ensure all integrated applications and technology solutions are thoroughly tested. As a QA Analyst you will be working closely with the QA Managers, QA Leads and Senior QA Analysts to ensure all test activities on projects are executed as per the QA Plan. You will be required to liaise with Technical teams, Automation Engineers, Business Analysts, Solution Designers, users to ensure any changes to the Deloitte IT estate meet out quality standards
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Developing test scenarios following a risk-based approach. Theses should be created from discussions with key stakeholders, requirements documentation, solution design, high level test plan, business process maps and other project documentation
- Supporting ensuring that all technical preparations have been completed prior to commencing test activities i.e. test environments stable and ready for use, entry criteria met, test accounts set-up, access devices ready for testing
- Ensuring that test scripts are maintained and managed within Test Toolset
- Executing test scenarios and managing results spanning: functional testing; package testing; system & integration testing; aspects of non-functional testing; end user applications; large end user computing deployment testing
- Supporting reporting on progress of test activities and against entry & exit criterion
- Supporting requirements traceability and demonstrating test progress against this and identifying and raising defects against solutions
- Supporting the development of test deliverables such as: QA Plan, UAT Plans, UAT Completion Reports, OAT Plans, Test Completion Reports
- Working effectively diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: Permanent
Your professional experience
- QA experience
- Some depth knowledge of test toolsets such as Azure DevOps, HP ALM, Selenium
- Strong knowledge & use of QA methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DevOps
- A professional and confident style, with drive & enthusiasm and with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with team members
- Ability to build good relationships & conduct effective technical discussions with clients, peers and senior staff.
- A thorough knowledge of the Windows and Mac estate, Office products and virtual machines
- Experience in working in a scrum team
- Certified with ITIL Foundation level
- ISEB Software Testing Foundation level certification (or higher)
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved. Requisition code: 164795