Quality Assurance Manager – Solutions Factory, Risk Advisory, Open to returners & flexible working
7 days left
- Contract Type
The Quality Assurance Manager within the Solutions Factory team is responsible for the approach to QA for technology projects and operations delivering and supporting RA products and propositions. As part of the Solutions Factory for RA, the QA Manager defines the Test Strategies, test plans and other test documentation as appropriate for solutions built by the SF or implementation partners. The QA Manager will work collaboratively with other teams across Deloitte, like ITS, Deloitte Business Security, Quality and Risk Management in the process of defining and implementing the test strategies.
QA is generally undertaken by other teams and resources from 3rd parties and needs high level co-ordination – this role is focussed on leadership, strategic direction and management oversight.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
- Work with teams across Risk Advisory like ITS, Deloitte Business Security, Quality and Risk Management to define, create and implement appropriate testing strategies – with an end-to-end view on testing so that it is a comprehensive approach to the capability.
- Assess and implement appropriate tools, methodologies and training where appropriate to ensure these test strategies are embedded across Solutions Factory.
- Promote the development of standards, tools, techniques for testing (including test preparation)
- Advocate automated testing tools techniques including to support regression testing across all product platforms
- Work closely with the related teams such as Business Analyst/Architecture/development ensuring there is a joined-up view across requirements through to implementation and testing/ assurance
- Work closely with the Development teams to confirm the integration testing required and (in most cases near shore 3rd party) testers to ensure testing activities covering the range of end to end testing are carried out (by themselves or others as required)
- Work collaboratively and report to Head of Operations in relates to deployment and release to Production process. Act as an approver from the QA perspective.
- Embed a culture of agile working and continuous improvement across testing, encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability
- Ensure testing resource involvement in sprint ceremonies - contributing to discussions required to feed into estimating testing related story points
- Leading by doing through getting hands on with the QA activities for strategically important projects and working in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff but also open to Reading
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in a senior (ideally technical) QA or technical testing role
- A growth mind-set in relation to risk and innovation, with the capacity and ability to try new and innovative ways to manage processes and procedures;
- Experience effectively working with multi-disciplinary teams when working across departmental boundaries and local, remote and near/off shore teams
- Desirable – broad experience across different software development methodologies including Agile (Scrum, Kanban etc) methodologies and exposure to dev ops culture
- Desirable - Broad range of experience or exposure gained across software delivery areas (Agile Scrum Master, Development, Testing and Operations) with the ability to participate in a multi-disciplinary manner
Your service line: Risk Advisory
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 170125